At BCV - blowing off steam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been twice this year.
in January it seemed like everyone was thankful to be employed, very disney like.

in June, we had a mixed bag, lots good people working hard, but we experienced enough pissed off disney employees that it was more six flags and less disney….

as an example we got on the sky-liner at Riviera cast member was not wearing a mask but ask very politely for our party to wear the mask while in line. Said we didnt need them once we were in the car….

Person at the receiving station yelled, I mean loudly, “you need to wear your mask in the car”

the sign to the skyliner said please wear masks in line.

lots of little things like that like that, had any of them been one offs it would not have been a big deal, but it was like one or two an hour…

maybe cast members are getting back at disney for lay offs?
or maybe they are sick of being hall monitors for adults. wear your masks folks, it's keeping little ones at disney safe, and maybe you too.

1. Cast members are different, at least subjectively in my own experience. Much more confrontational and less magical. Have experienced this with and without my 2-year-old present (lest my child misbehaving be considered to be the whole difference). Grumpy, less patient.

My only comment is for your #1. The others, I couldn't care less about. I will wear my mask, I don't care what others do and I don't care if I'm close to others. Now about your #1. Me and my family have been back 3 times since reopening. Twice with the mask mandate in full effect and once when it was lifted. Cast members are probably sick and tired of trying to enforce the rules just to watch guests ignore them. I and my wife have tried to brighten every CM's day when we can. When one is a little grumpy, I always tell them "Thank you so much, I hope you have a wonderful day" and usually they perk up a little. The way I see it is I want to be a pleasant guest for them regardless if they are not a pleasant CM. Maybe my actions will help them be a little nicer to the next guest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!