• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Asurion Wireless insurance-thru Verizon

Katie

DIS Veteran
I have made two claims over 5 years with this company both on my daughter phones. Two got broken, and now one is lost. I am tried to file a claim and to do this, I have to fax a PHOTO ID and MY Credit Card number to them with my signature.

I have spoken to two people (call center..can't understand half of what they say) and they said this is to prevent fraud? How does this work?? Does this seem suspcious to you? I have NEVER had any issues with this in the past!

any feedback

I have made two claims over 5 years with this company both on my daughter phones. Two got broken, and now one is lost. I am tried to file a claim and to do this, I have to fax a PHOTO ID and MY Credit Card number to them with my signature.

I have spoken to two people (call center..can't understand half of what they say) and they said this is to prevent fraud? How does this work?? Does this seem suspcious to you? I have NEVER had any issues with this in the past!

any feedback

Sounds to me like that would promote fraud - fraudulant activity on your credit card, that is. On your original contract, did it state that this is what would be required to file a claim? Or was there a clause that stated they could change the terms of the contract at any time at their discretion? If not, I would ask for my money back due to breach of contract. Not sure if that would actually fly, but I would certainly try.

I've filed 2 claims before with them as well and never had to show any of that, it was all handled over the phone. If they are sending the replacement phone to the address connected to the account, there should be no question about fraud. They are getting the broken phone back so that doesn't make alot of sense to me.

In the past I worked for Verizon Wireless in Sales and we were told that claims for lost or stolen phones needed a police report to reduce fraud. We were told it was needed because people could easily say they "lost" their phone when they really gave it to a friend or relative to use (someone w/o insurance or who just wants a new phone w/o paying full retail). Then they would just have to pay $50 for the replacement phone and would not have to send the old phone back b/c it was MIA (unlike a broken which must be returned). Hope that helps some.

I have them thru TMobile and had to make a claim last year-and I was never asked for that.:confused3 I would not send them my cc# like that.

In the past I worked for Verizon Wireless in Sales and we were told that claims for lost or stolen phones needed a police report to reduce fraud. We were told it was needed because people could easily say they "lost" their phone when they really gave it to a friend or relative to use (someone w/o insurance or who just wants a new phone w/o paying full retail). Then they would just have to pay $50 for the replacement phone and would not have to send the old phone back b/c it was MIA (unlike a broken which must be returned). Hope that helps some.

Asking for a police report is completely reasonable if someone is claiming their phone was stolen. Asking for a credit card number doesn't really prove anything - which is why I think it is ridiculous.

I just had to have my phone replaced, it had a fatal accident on spash mountain. I didn't have to fax anything to them, this was about 2 months ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter