ASM or POP??Which is better?

EarthSong

Earning My Ears
Im already booked for all star movies but i keep reading posts about POP and how everyone loves it and the bus service. Bus service is HUGE with me and from what I read all star movies is the last stop for the values which may mean that we may be standing on the buses all week . Were going the first week of May btw. I chose the movies because it looks like it is fun and the theming will really please the kids but i dont want to have crappy bus service because its shared with the other resorts .

Im already booked for all star movies but i keep reading posts about POP and how everyone loves it and the bus service. Bus service is HUGE with me and from what I read all star movies is the last stop for the values which may mean that we may be standing on the buses all week . Were going the first week of May btw. I chose the movies because it looks like it is fun and the theming will really please the kids but i dont want to have crappy bus service because its shared with the other resorts .

pop has many buses to choose from. It's all based on how full the resort is. Pop will remind you of your childhood(adult's mainly):scared1::love: The food court is wonderful too. The resort as a whole is great. Try staying in the Bldg for the year you were born in. And look around the whole resort. Lot's of stuff to learn and remember.

I was bookes at movies, but switched to POP due to the complaints i kept reading about the movies. It seems movies rooms are in need of a refurb and it shares buses. Overall, I think we will be happier at POP!!

We had outstanding bus service at POP. The best of any resort we have been to. We loved everything about POP so it's too bad we don't "fit" there anymore as a family of 5. (unless we get 2 rooms I guess...).

My DH and I stayed at ASMu a long time ago. The buses were not great and our room was sooooooooooo far from the bus stop/lobby etc that it took a long time to consider staying value again.

I would definitely recommend changing to POP!

Having stayed at both PoP and All Stars, we prefer All Stars. ::yes::

The rooms seem a bit bigger, although that's probably set up. It's actually quieter, and we far, far prefer the food court at All Star to the one at Pop.

Buses are never a problem for us, and I'm always amazed at the volume of complaints about Disney transport. We go often and I just don't see the problems others report having.

It really is a matter of personal preference. If you think you'd like Pop better, then go for it!

I have stayed at both POP and Movies and honestly I love them both. We did stay in the 90's building at POP and I would never stay in that building again because of the distance...definitely get a preferred room if you go that route.

At All Star Movies, the kids loved the themes and the food court was great too! We had a better room at Movies (preferred) and loved being so close to all the action.

I never noticed any difference in the buses at either resort except the POP bus stops seemed to be further away at the parks and after a long day walking past all the other stops was not fun!

We are going back in May and are staying at All Star Music. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the Value Resorts! :thumbsup2

Something else to consider...POP is going through a refurb. New flat screen tvs, carpets, beds, etc.

We've never stayed at POP, but one thing I noticed (and maybe this has changed since 2008) when leaving the Magic Kingdom at closing one night was that the bus service for the All Star resorts was much more efficient than for the POP resorts. They were loading buses for each of the All Star resorts (each of the 3 resorts had their own buses) while the POP only had 1. The size of POP is about the same size at all 3 all stars put together, unless I'm mistaken, so they should have had 3 times as many buses running, but they didn't.

Again, maybe they've streamlined this since we were there, but at that time people were waiting much, much longer to get back to POP than to get back to All Stars.

We stayed at the Pop last March and we loved it. 2 adults and 2 year old. The room is of course not super big, but you are not in the room that much. We loved the food court and the pools. The resort is not too big so it is easily manageable. The buses were fine and we never had a problem.

I would highly recommend it! We stayed in the 50's section (3rd floor) and it was really quiet-facing the lake.

That's our favorite area, 50s facing the lake. My kids love the bowling pin pool, arcade, and food courts. Never had a problem with buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter