asking here for advice as well...

kdtwiss

Mouseketeer
but, I need to ask anyway. I was wondering if you are required to show a birth certificate when purchasing park tickets?
I only ask because I have a son who is 11 and is autistic. We are planning a trip - thougfh we may not bother if they no longer offer special passes so autistic children do not have to wait- anyway - the difference betwwen a child ticket and an adult is substantial - and to be honest IF we go - my son may very well have a shut down type day and not even GO on ANY rides - we just never know. Also - the magic plus dining option is alot more expensive for adults also - and my son #1 - would not eat anything not on the kid menu - and in fact eats like a bird. All my kids do actually - I can buy one Happy Meal for three of them to split. So I guess my question is - would I likely be able to get away with buying a child park ticket and meal plan?
And - please understand I am not trying to rip anyone off _ I just literally will have no idea if he will even go on any rides untill we actually get there. AND don't feel bad for Dis that I am ripping them off - I will be purchasing a ticket for myself (and I HATE rides - scared to death) so IF I go on any rides at all it will be just to accompany my children on a kiddie ride - and we will also be purchasing a ticket for my mother - who will literally be going on "It's A Small World" and probably nothing else. I don't mind doing this at all - but I really need to be able to buy a child's ticket for my son to make this affordable/justifiable. BTW when asked how old are you my son will usually reply - 7, 8, 9, 14. Or something like that. I really hate the idea of lying - but I really feel like they should offer a discounted ticket for cases like this when there is clearly a need. i am sorry for rambling - I just don't want all of you to think I am awful -I just really want to take my son- but I don't think I could bring myself to pay so much for an adult ticket when y son may very well decide he wants to stay at the hotel pool/KWIM?

No, you will not be asked for a birth certificate. You will be asked how old the children in your party are at the time of your visit. As far as the difference in child/adult prices - I'm not sure where you are getting your information. The price difference works out to about $10-12 a day for admission, depending on the # of days. Most people find they can come out better price-wise buy not doing a package. Yes, the dining option appears to be a good deal just on meal costs, but when you take into account that you will be paying full rack-rate for your room under that plan, it actually makes it more expensive. When you are not on a meal plan, you can order a kids meal for pretty much anyone, or even share meals. Check out the ticket prices on the site: http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/ticketchart.htm#MYW1.

kdtwiss said:
but, I need to ask anyway. I was wondering if you are required to show a birth certificate when purchasing park tickets?
I only ask because I have a son who is 11 and is autistic. We are planning a trip - thougfh we may not bother if they no longer offer special passes so autistic children do not have to wait- anyway - the difference betwwen a child ticket and an adult is substantial - and to be honest IF we go - my son may very well have a shut down type day and not even GO on ANY rides - we just never know. Also - the magic plus dining option is alot more expensive for adults also - and my son #1 - would not eat anything not on the kid menu - and in fact eats like a bird. All my kids do actually - I can buy one Happy Meal for three of them to split. So I guess my question is - would I likely be able to get away with buying a child park ticket and meal plan?
And - please understand I am not trying to rip anyone off _ I just literally will have no idea if he will even go on any rides untill we actually get there. AND don't feel bad for Dis that I am ripping them off - I will be purchasing a ticket for myself (and I HATE rides - scared to death) so IF I go on any rides at all it will be just to accompany my children on a kiddie ride - and we will also be purchasing a ticket for my mother - who will literally be going on "It's A Small World" and probably nothing else. I don't mind doing this at all - but I really need to be able to buy a child's ticket for my son to make this affordable/justifiable. BTW when asked how old are you my son will usually reply - 7, 8, 9, 14. Or something like that. I really hate the idea of lying - but I really feel like they should offer a discounted ticket for cases like this when there is clearly a need. i am sorry for rambling - I just don't want all of you to think I am awful -I just really want to take my son- but I don't think I could bring myself to pay so much for an adult ticket when y son may very well decide he wants to stay at the hotel pool/KWIM?

First off, Welcome to the Dis:)

WDW is expensive, no getting around it.

But there are lots of ways to save some $$ on a trip to WDW. You don't have to have a meal plan, if you don't feel that you'll get value for your money...and if you really watch for room code specials, you may be able to get a really great rate on your hotel room...and the new MAgic Your Way tickets really do offer lots of flexibility. Check Mary Waring's site www.mousesavers.com

I hope this helps some.

:sunny:

Just another thought about tickets- there are also folks like myself who due to their level of disability cannot even physically access most of the attractions yet there is no discount and a full price adult ticket is required for us also. I agree with other posters who've mentioned ways to save money rather than by stating your child's age as younger than he really is. I can understand though how you feel- as far as I'm aware the GAC's for children with autism are still being offered and hopefully the CM's will do everything possible to ensure your son has a good time. Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter