Askerhaus Princess Dinner or Chefs de France?

ILuvTinkerbelle

Mommy the Magic Maker
We are planning out meals for our upcoming trip this coming January...we are going to get the dining plan with 1TS/1CS

Thus far we have planned:

Day #1: Cinderellas Royal Table (using 2 TS)
Day #2: Mama Melrose (1TS)
Day #3: Lunch at Teppan Edo (Japan)(1TS) Dinner??? Askerhaus/Chefs
Day #4
Day #5 Crystal Palace Breakfast (1TS)

So far a total of 5/7 Table Service

I am trying to decide between Chefs de France and Askerhaus for dinner....I have two boys ages 14 &12 and a little girl age 5 (at the time of the trip). Last time we went was in 2009 and we had lunch at Chefs and the boys were mad because they got the kids meals, which quite frankly stunk! Our lunches were way better, and yes we did share ;)

So I was thinking of going to dinner there and letting the boys select the fancy food they so desire....but then I found out that Askerhaus does dinner with the princesses. We had breakfast there when the boys were little and they loved it, though I didn't love the food that much.

So....the question is which is #1 better food and #2 more bang for my buck?

thanks in advance for any help and if anyone has any pics to share of this food it would be greatly appreciated! :banana:

and a little girl age 5 (at the time of the trip).

I quoted the relevant piece of information you need for this one. Not to mention your sig says Emma's birthday trip. Assuming Emma is DD5, the answer to me here is obvious. Definitely Akershus. :thumbsup2

ETA: OK, I see you're already doing CRT so maybe not so obvious. We did Akershus last year. The cold buffet is interesting. The entrees were average. We haven't done Chefs. Still you ask which is better bang for the buck. DDP-wise, Akershus likely wins on that one. I can't speak to food-wise since we haven't been to Chefs. In your case, I'd still choose Akershus and a double-dose of the princesses for your birthday girl assuming your boys can handle it . . .

I think Chefs lunch is much better than their dinner.

I prefer Akershus.

Thank you both! I am leaning towards Askerhaus because quite frankly this trip is all about Emma~! princess:

I think my boys will be ok anywhere we eat and if the lunch is better then dinner then that is out as we are really looking forward to Japan...and hoping to see Mulan, my DDs favorite!

DD loves all things Frenchy and insisted that we see the Eiffel Tower while we were there....so that is why I thought Chefs for the boys....she won't know if she misses the princesses and will most likely see Mulan in Japan....

AHHHH I find making these ADR the most stressful part of the trip....last time we went I poured over all the food pics to decide! Now that they changed things and you can make ressies 180 days out I need to get it done! LOL

thanks again!

I love chefs
But The princesses give younger kids 'something to do' at dinner. Food is good at both. Although I prefer chefs. I am not a buffet kinda girl. I also think you would score BIG points by going back to chefs and letting Ds's order from the big boy menu. :)

We are planning out meals for our upcoming trip this coming January...we are going to get the dining plan with 1TS/1CS

Thus far we have planned:

Day #1: Cinderellas Royal Table (using 2 TS)
Day #2: Mama Melrose (1TS)
Day #3: Lunch at Teppan Edo (Japan)(1TS) Dinner??? Askerhaus/Chefs
Day #4
Day #5 Crystal Palace Breakfast (1TS)

So far a total of 5/7 Table Service

I am trying to decide between Chefs de France and Askerhaus for dinner....I have two boys ages 14 &12 and a little girl age 5 (at the time of the trip). Last time we went was in 2009 and we had lunch at Chefs and the boys were mad because they got the kids meals, which quite frankly stunk! Our lunches were way better, and yes we did share ;)

So I was thinking of going to dinner there and letting the boys select the fancy food they so desire....but then I found out that Askerhaus does dinner with the princesses. We had breakfast there when the boys were little and they loved it, though I didn't love the food that much.

So....the question is which is #1 better food and #2 more bang for my buck?

thanks in advance for any help and if anyone has any pics to share of this food it would be greatly appreciated! :banana:

I would say try Chefs de France. We haven't eaten there, but we've done Akershus, and the food isn't all that great. Plus, you already have CRT and its all the same princesses.

I would say try Chefs de France. We haven't eaten there, but we've done Akershus, and the food isn't all that great. Plus, you already have CRT and its all the same princesses.

Are all the princesses at the CRT dinner? I thought it was just Cinderella and those ppl?

Ooops yes China for Mulan! And yes the boys would love to go back to Chefs but I am hoping that CS at Be Our Guest will suffice! :)

I would chose Akershus over Chefs de France.

Be Our Guest is a MUST if you can get a reservation. It was by far our favourite meal out of all 7 we did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter