Ash Wednesday...

4mickeyfans

I teach in WDW!
Anyone know if there's a Catholic service on board the Wonder?

The website says religious services on "special occasions" ...anyone know for sure?

I know they had services for the Jewish Holidays when I traveled.., so I'm almost positive they will also for Ash Wednesday.

Your location says "New Orleans". I guess you are deliberately avoiding the peak of Mardi Gras including the actual day.

In answer to your question... I don't know. But I'd certainly hope they do.

We've been escaping for a few years, now!

I've lived in LA all my life and "done Mardi Gras" any way you can imagine including many years in the French Quarter:jester:

Now, with children, the only parade I want to see is one with Mickey as the Grand Marshall:teeth:

We do plan to wear our beads on Tuesday, though:smooth:

DCL offers a non-denominational service on Sundays. They make space and time available (and announce it in the Navigator) on other religious holidays for the interested group to make their own service.

You could call DCL and ask that they do this for Ash Wednesday in the same way they do for Jewish Sabbath, Christmas, etc. They won't offer a mass or other "religious" service with an ordained minister or priest unless one happens to be on board as a guest and offers his services.

We were on board last year and as I remember they had services everyday beginning Ash Wednesday. It may depend on whether they have personnel on board to conduct them though. I read on another thread that a Catholic priest was on board one week and offered to say mass every day that cruise.

A call to DCL might be your best bet for an accurate answer.

BTW - Mardi Gras was very low key on the ship, I was surprised. Some people cruising brought beads and stuff to celebrate but we found nothing organized by Disney that day (and Key West on that prior Sunday was VERY low key - no pun intended - they must have all left for New Orleans). Cozumel, or was it Grand Cayman, had some decorations up in town though.

It was posted in the Navigator. There was a Mass on Tuesday and a Mass w/ ashes on Wednesday although I missed it b/c the seasickness patch caused major blurred vision and I misread the time!!!

Anyway, I was very happy to know that it was there - most of our group - we were 7 families from the Catholic school at which I teach - took part.

All in all, the cruise was PERFECT...I hope to post a report soon:boat:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter