As promised--- my Golden Oak review!!!

agame2323

DIS Veteran
One of the coolest things about being a Sports Agent is having the opportunity to live vicariously through your clients. Whether it’s them being featured in an ESPN highlight segment or winning a prestigious award, it’s always an enjoyable experience. So I just knew I would have a thrilling time during my recent trip to Golden Oak with one of my more “fortunate” clients.

I won’t bore you with the things you already know. There is plenty of information available online about the Golden Oak community. Instead, I’ll try to focus on the non—commercial elements to give you a feel on how it would be to live at Golden Oak.

Golden Oak is comprised of 4 different neighborhoods. The one we checked out is called Kimble Trace. What’s interesting is… Golden Oak is pretty much unnoticeable if you driving down Vista Blvd. Lakes and tress surround Golden Oak and completely separates you from the outside world. Yes, this place has that “Disney feel” to it the second you arrive. There is even a “buffer-zone” that you go through prior to entering the development (kind of like the Ferry crossing the Seven Seas Lagoon).

The first thing I can tell you is that Golden Oak is the real-deal in terms of luxury living. My client currently owns a home in Atlanta and his interest was to have Golden Oak serve as a vacation home. The homes in Kimble Trace are some of the smallest on the property. The interior of the home is stunning. State-of-the-art would be an understatement to describe the bells and whistles that surround you. The designers of these homes went all-out on the technology. The coolest thing was the voice recognition system that allows you to operate features in each room with a simple voice command “Play MP3. Turn on lights. Turn on TV. Lock all doors. Heat the Pool.” It’s Siri on steroids!

The home we looked at was located on Lot 40#. What’s that mean? Well, Golden Oak offers you the opportunity to purchase the Lot that the home was built on. This comes in handy if you’re not ready to purchase the home but don’t want to miss out on the location. The price to purchase a Lot can start at $500,000. Yup. If you purchase the Lot number, that’s all you have. You can’t move in and you don’t receive any of the perks that Golden Oak residents receive because, technically, you are not a resident. So the Lot #’s numbers just serve as a place holder.

However, the real magic is not in the home… it’s what comes with the home. The first thing Page (our Golden Oak rep) let us know was how convenient life would be living at Golden Oak. As a resident, you get First Class service. Shuttle service to the parks, discounts, and tickets to all exclusive events… the list goes on and on. The thing that interested me the most was, as a resident, you will NEVER stand in line for a Disney attraction AGAIN. (Unless you want to). Imagine going to MK during the busiest times of the year and never having to stand in line. As a Golden Oak resident, you and your family are granted with backstage entrances to ALL attraction throughout the WDW Resort. NOW, Page did mention this particular perk might not be around forever. As of today, it’s one of the biggest draws for people thinking about moving in Golden Oak. Let me tell you about your neighbors.

Golden Oak is completely private and exclusive so there is no way of knowing who’s living in the development. I know from having a relationship with other Professional Athletes and Agents that Tiger Woods, Dwight Howard, Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) and Richard Petty have all toured the property. Driving through the neighborhood there was very little activity. We were told that currently there are only 12 residents. I didn’t see anyone but it’s almost impossible to see into your neighbor’s property. Depending on where you stay, it is possible to see a bit of Epcot and we were told that the development was designed so everyone could see the nightly fireworks from MK. The lake that runs alongside the #40’s Lots is beautiful. Peaceful would best describe any home located by the Lake.

Each home is completely different in its design. While you could spend time touring each home, it probably isn’t the best way to go about making a purchase. Owning a home in Golden Oak is all about location. Each home comes completely furnished; however you are allowed to do some interior decorating. Each piece of furniture fits the theme of the home and honestly, after seeing the inside design, I don’t see why anyone would want to make changes. As for the outside of your home, you have to get the “okay” from Golden Oak if you plan on making any alterations. There is a annual association fee

Overall, the homes in Golden Oak are spectacular. Despite being completely isolated and surrounded by trees, Golden Oak still immerses you in the Disney Magic. Each home has plenty of internal décor to remind you that you’re in Disney’s backyard.

Final verdict: I personally think Golden Oak might a bit too much, even for the Disney enthusiast. The lavish homes, beautiful neighborhood and perks are all great but the price tag seems unjustifiable. My client is a professional athlete who’s spent over 5 years with his organization and is currently playing out his second contract. His wife owns a fashion line that is doing pretty well in the industry. In other words, they can definitely afford anything in Golden Oak. But Golden Oak was mainly his wife’s suggestion. She loves Disney and felt DVC wouldn’t be enough. (…I know...) However, even SHE thought Golden Oak took away some of the Disney magic. In a strange way, I agree with her. You forget where you are and it feels like you should be located in a pristine neighborhood like Greenwich, as opposed to Orange County. We walked away torn between rather to move forward or to wait on buying a home. As a community, Golden Oak has a lot of growing to do. There are plans for a Four Seasons hotel as well as a Shopping Mall, Restaurants, and Super Market. 5-10 years from now the homes in Golden Oak could be worth double the amount. So buying now could yield a nice return should you choose to put the home back on the market. The question becomes; how fast will Golden Oak reach its occupancy? There are still plenty of homes available and personally, I don’t think there’re going to sell at a fast rate. I feel like you need to love luxury just as much or even more than you love Disney in order to feel like you’re getting your money’s worth. But hey, if you have a few million to throw at a second home and want to live the life of Disney royalty, Golden Oak is for you!

Now...instead of providing you with pictures, I went a step further. Click the link below and you can view the exact homes that I walked through!

http://www.omnisightinc.com/virtual-tours/disney1/goldenoak/lot40/

One of the coolest things about being a Sports Agent is having the opportunity to live vicariously through your clients. Whether it’s them being featured in an ESPN highlight segment or winning a prestigious award, it’s always an enjoyable experience. So I just knew I would have a thrilling time during my recent trip to Golden Oak with one of my more “fortunate” clients.

I won’t bore you with the things you already know. There is plenty of information available online about the Golden Oak community. Instead, I’ll try to focus on the non—commercial elements to give you a feel on how it would be to live at Golden Oak.

Golden Oak is comprised of 4 different neighborhoods. The one we checked out is called Kimble Trace. What’s interesting is… Golden Oak is pretty much unnoticeable if you driving down Vista Blvd. Lakes and tress surround Golden Oak and completely separates you from the outside world. Yes, this place has that “Disney feel” to it the second you arrive. There is even a “buffer-zone” that you go through prior to entering the development (kind of like the Ferry crossing the Seven Seas Lagoon).

The first thing I can tell you is that Golden Oak is the real-deal in terms of luxury living. My client currently owns a home in Atlanta and his interest was to have Golden Oak serve as a vacation home. The homes in Kimble Trace are some of the smallest on the property. The interior of the home is stunning. State-of-the-art would be an understatement to describe the bells and whistles that surround you. The designers of these homes went all-out on the technology. The coolest thing was the voice recognition system that allows you to operate features in each room with a simple voice command “Play MP3. Turn on lights. Turn on TV. Lock all doors. Heat the Pool.” It’s Siri on steroids!

The home we looked at was located on Lot 40#. What’s that mean? Well, Golden Oak offers you the opportunity to purchase the Lot that the home was built on. This comes in handy if you’re not ready to purchase the home but don’t want to miss out on the location. The price to purchase a Lot can start at $500,000. Yup. If you purchase the Lot number, that’s all you have. You can’t move in and you don’t receive any of the perks that Golden Oak residents receive because, technically, you are not a resident. So the Lot #’s numbers just serve as a place holder.

However, the real magic is not in the home… it’s what comes with the home. The first thing Page (our Golden Oak rep) let us know was how convenient life would be living at Golden Oak. As a resident, you get First Class service. Shuttle service to the parks, discounts, and tickets to all exclusive events… the list goes on and on. The thing that interested me the most was, as a resident, you will NEVER stand in line for a Disney attraction AGAIN. (Unless you want to). Imagine going to MK during the busiest times of the year and never having to stand in line. As a Golden Oak resident, you and your family are granted with backstage entrances to ALL attraction throughout the WDW Resort. NOW, Page did mention this particular perk might not be around forever. As of today, it’s one of the biggest draws for people thinking about moving in Golden Oak. Let me tell you about your neighbors.

Golden Oak is completely private and exclusive so there is no way of knowing who’s living in the development. I know from having a relationship with other Professional Athletes and Agents that Tiger Woods, Dwight Howard, Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) and Richard Petty have all toured the property. Driving through the neighborhood there was very little activity. We were told that currently there are only 12 residents. I didn’t see anyone but it’s almost impossible to see into your neighbor’s property. Depending on where you stay, it is possible to see a bit of Epcot and we were told that the development was designed so everyone could see the nightly fireworks from MK. The lake that runs alongside the #40’s Lots is beautiful. Peaceful would best describe any home located by the Lake.

Each home is completely different in its design. While you could spend time touring each home, it probably isn’t the best way to go about making a purchase. Owning a home in Golden Oak is all about location. Each home comes completely furnished; however you are allowed to do some interior decorating. Each piece of furniture fits the theme of the home and honestly, after seeing the inside design, I don’t see why anyone would want to make changes. As for the outside of your home, you have to get the “okay” from Golden Oak if you plan on making any alterations. There is a annual association fee

Overall, the homes in Golden Oak are spectacular. Despite being completely isolated and surrounded by trees, Golden Oak still immerses you in the Disney Magic. Each home has plenty of internal décor to remind you that you’re in Disney’s backyard.

Final verdict: I personally think Golden Oak might a bit too much, even for the Disney enthusiast. The lavish homes, beautiful neighborhood and perks are all great but the price tag seems unjustifiable. My client is a professional athlete who’s spent over 5 years with his organization and is currently playing out his second contract. His wife owns a fashion line that is doing pretty well in the industry. In other words, they can definitely afford anything in Golden Oak. But Golden Oak was mainly his wife’s suggestion. She loves Disney and felt DVC wouldn’t be enough. (…I know...) However, even SHE thought Golden Oak took away some of the Disney magic. In a strange way, I agree with her. You forget where you are and it feels like you should be located in a pristine neighborhood like Greenwich, as opposed to Orange County. We walked away torn between rather to move forward or to wait on buying a home. As a community, Golden Oak has a lot of growing to do. There are plans for a Four Seasons hotel as well as a Shopping Mall, Restaurants, and Super Market. 5-10 years from now the homes in Golden Oak could be worth double the amount. So buying now could yield a nice return should you choose to put the home back on the market. The question becomes; how fast will Golden Oak reach its occupancy? There are still plenty of homes available and personally, I don’t think there’re going to sell at a fast rate. I feel like you need to love luxury just as much or even more than you love Disney in order to feel like you’re getting your money’s worth. But hey, if you have a few million to throw at a second home and want to live the life of Disney royalty, Golden Oak is for you!

Now...instead of providing you with pictures, I went a step further. Click the link below and you can view the exact homes that I walked through!

http://www.omnisightinc.com/virtual-tours/disney1/goldenoak/lot40/

:thumbsup2Thanks for the update and thought!

I've personally been fascinated with Golden Oak not because I would move there (could never afford it!:lmao:) but just this "community" Disney is setting up. I'm thinking of setting up a tour one of these days, as I'm a developer (doing more affordable housing properties) and I'd be interested to see what Disney's doing.

Oddly enough, it does seem like the construction there is going very, very slowly because they're waiting to sell the property before they build it (offering custom homes in essence). Beyond that, the Four Seasons construction is crawling along. Let me ask, was the Summerhouse (the main clubhouse) building open?

Yes. I forgot to mention that. Summerhouse was open but not all of the amenities were operating. From what I saw it wasn't anything special. Just a glorified community clubhouse where you can gather with other members. Its nice but I didn't see what the big deal was. They wouldn't allow us to take pictures :confused3

Wow. Amazing.

Do you know if they pipe in the music for wishes through the home's stereo system?

I'm on the fence with purchasing one of these - that would be a deal breaker.
:rotfl2:

Hope your client will invite you for a visit if they purchase. :thumbsup2

Wow. Amazing.

Do you know if they pipe in the music for wishes through the home's stereo system?

I'm on the fence with purchasing one of these - that would be a deal breaker.
:rotfl2:

Hope your client will invite you for a visit if they purchase. :thumbsup2

They actually have a WDW Radio station that's 24hrs. And Yes they do add the music during the fireworks.

IF he does purchase I'm pretty sure he'll invite me and my family. We're pretty close. He was one of my first clients!:)

Great post. A Golden Oak home is on my "if I win the lottery" list. I love how secluded the home felt. I'd have to re-do the kitchen of the home in the tour though. It is lovely just not what I'd do in terms of color and finishes. LOl! There I go spending some more of that non-existent lottery money.

Is this area Golden Oak/are these homes in the community? If so, I'm shocked at how close together the homes are.

Yup, that's it! Although I don't know how recently that photo was taken. When I was there it seemed to be more developed.

Nonetheless, what you see there is a pretty accurate layout. Up close, the homes are not THAT close together but it all depends on which neighborhood you live in.

Quite a few showing up on Google Earth-looks likes they built on a golf course? I mean on it-not next to it, like on the fairways.

Oops...saw the last line of your review, so ignore my request for pictures. Thanks for sharing your experience.

The Four Seasons is building Residence Club units. Would your client's wife be interested in that rather than DVC? I don't see DVC being luxurious enough for them, quite honestly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter