Aruba?

Chemist

DIS Veteran
We plan to do a beach day in Aruba.

Disney excursions go to Arashi beach, which sounds lovely.

What I can't quite figure out...
Is there food/drink available ON the beach?
If not, are there nearby options that are family friendly?
What about chair and umbrella rentals?

Is there another beach you would recommend instead?

Thanks!

Ok, we just got back last Sunday from the Southern Caribbean cruise and we visited Aruba. We took a taxi to the Hi Rise Hotel Area and got dropped off. There are tons of hotels with chairs/straw hut umbrellas on each of the hotels beaches which I believe you need be a hotel guest. We sat on the beach on towels and walked around for a few hours. There were a few places to get coffee or food. We had lunch at Gilligan's which was right on the beach with great views. There was also a Dunkin Donuts. There is a nice walking path that goes in front of the beach (back of hotels) that lets you walk quite a ways. Some shops and stores are on the path. Easy taxi ride to and from this area.

Sorry I do not know about Arashi Beach.

MJ

We stopped there during an EBPC and loved it...this was in 2008 off the Magic. Opted for the sub ride, then walked the area near the dock. We saw a load of iguanas on the rocks, grass, bushes, trees, you name it. Had a margarita on the way back to the ship...no Margaritaville, yet...didn't see any Beach Boys there, either. This was one port where the vendors stayed in their shops and never hounded us. Cartagena, on the other hand, was just the opposite, with venders after us at each bus stop pounding on the windows...yikes. Ours was one of the first cruise lines to stop there, because of crime issues, in a long time.
Have a great time and check your pockets for critters before you reboard the ship.

The beaches in Aruba are all public, even in front of the high rise hotels. On weekends you will see the locals on the beaches.

Beautiful and wonderful port to visit! We did some shopping and walked around the immediate port area...I stayed back but others in my group went back out after lunch on the ship to do a taxi tour of the island, which included time on the beaches. We were in port until 1 am...it was pretty cool to see the port at night and several in our cruise group took advantage of diving at night. Bring lots of sunscreen...I burned pretty quick as a fair skinned redhead.

Aruba, their motto is one happy island. . it is a true motto. We have never been on a cruise to the island, but for years had a timeshare and went there. The people are great an helpful and really friendly, the scenery on the internal part of the island not the prettiest but is breathtaking. All beaches are open to the public, not a hotel has exclusive right to the beach. On weekends the locals all flock to the beaches and if you not near the crowded areas and the locals see you the will invite to to share in their picnic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter