Article on Gem Carts

Good idea if you can do it, we live off a busy highway, would be road kill real fast. The $10,000 investment is a big bill tho. I was talking to our buggy guy and he said gas carts are dirt cheap right now.

Those GEM cars are really nice. We saw Debbie's at the July 4 GG, Pete took it for a test drive and loved it.

Oh I would love to have one, my dh and I have talked about getting one whenever he retires ...can't afford one right now...love it :love:

I'd drive one around our town. Problem is we live outside of town off of a 55 mph road so I wouldn't be able to GET it to town, lol !!

Maybe one day when they are able to increase their speed...

Right you are, Al!!

We bought our Gem Car July 07. It actually replaced our golf cart. The entrance to our development in on a major State Rd with a 60mph speed limit, so our Gem is strictly a toy. If I had known last July that the economy was going to be this crappy I would not have bought it or the trailer to tow it on. Our previous GC & trailer were just fine. Whoooda thought the economy would sink this low??

Ours goes 26mph & if we lived in the city, I would use it for transportation. Ours has a locking trunk that can hold up to 100 pounds, and would be very convenient for shopping. Celebration & The Villages are full of Gem Cars.

What I'd like to know is....what is happening with the Phoenix Electric Car?
Is this another great idea that is getting squashed by the U.S. Government?
http://www.phoenixmotorcars.com/index.php

12 gallons, wait thats not right! :rolleyes1

Yeah that makes really good sense. Quit driving my p/u and spend $25,000 on two Gem cars to save gas. Oookkaayyy. :rolleyes1

That Phoenix sounds really interesting, but their site doesn't say what they will cost. It might be worth having one of those not only to save money but to save the environment, too. I know the environment should come first, but at least I'm including it in the equation, too. Maybe I should drop old Ed Beagley, Jr. a line and ask him. :rolleyes1

That Phoenix sounds really interesting, but their site doesn't say what they will cost. It might be worth having one of those not only to save money but to save the environment, too. I know the environment should come first, but at least I'm including it in the equation, too. Maybe I should drop old Ed Beagley, Jr. a line and ask him. :rolleyes1

Do the cost comparison, looked like it would be upward of 45K. A little steep for my initial out of pocket, wouldn't work for us anyway i need an 8 passenger.
Loretta

Wow! :scared1: That's nearly as much as my wife's Ford Expedition Limited with all the bells and whistles. Bet the Phoenix doesn't even have air conditioned front seats or DVD player for the kids in the back seat. Not to mention it only seats 4 not 8. I was thinking if it were priced like a Prius we might get one as a daily driver for me when I get my F-250 paid off, but at that price, I can buy an awful lot of diesel in the years to come.

if it's in good shape, and you have use for it, it's probably not that bad a deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter