• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Art of Animation or French Quarter

Terk-1

Dreaming of Disney Cruising!
So I have a solo package booked for Port Orleans French Quarter and am going to fly down the day before, but not go to any of the parks. By the time my flight lands and DME gets me to a resort, it's past noon and I don't want to waste a park day when 1/2 the day is already done, so am planning on just checking into the resort, relax, unpack, wander around and maybe resort hop a little to see some of the holiday decorations there.

There are no discounts for this day, so am paying full fare for the room for one night. AoA is $171 and POFQ is $238.50. AoA was still being built the last time I was there, so I was thinking this would be a fun resort for one night, but would need to take a cab the next morning to POFQ to be able to activate my package tickets & meal plan. As I'm not going to any of the parks, am having a hard time trying to justify an additional $67.50 for the French Quarter.

What do you think?

That is a hard choice. Back in September we stayed at POFQ for one night but then realized the room wasnt big enough for 3 adults and 2 children so we moved to an AOA suite.. Both were so wonderful and I can totally understand not wanting to spend the extra money at POFQ. I really enjoyed both of them but for an adult, POFQ is just nicer but hence the more money... :( You cant go wrong with either decision.

For a solo trip, I wouldn't hesitate to stay one night at AoA and then transfer over to POFQ.

It is just a cab ride away to take your luggage and check-in. I do lots of solo trips and I think it would be fun!

For a solo trip, I wouldn't hesitate to stay one night at AoA and then transfer over to POFQ.

It is just a cab ride away to take your luggage and check-in. I do lots of solo trips and I think it would be fun!

The AoA was still under construction when I was there in 2011.

Disney will transfer your luggage for free. No need for a cab, just use their bus system to DTD and then take the boat to POFQ.

I love the French Quarter. Everything is a close walk to everything else within the resort property, the layout is simple, the bus service is good and the food court has plenty of options. We haven't done a moderate since purchasing DVC, but POFQ was always my favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter