• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Art of animation lm vs Coronado casitas

Just checked out of Little Mermaid room 9062 today: our first stay. Took us 6 minutes to walk to the foodcourt. Lovely walk with beautiful theming. Moved to OKW and have been allocated room 5026 at South Point Road. Miles from anywhere and even a lengthy walk to the bus stop. Hankering after our old room at AoA now. Haven't ever stayed at CSR so can't help there.

Mrs TT

LM is longer. Keep in mind that CSR has internal bus stops.
Yes I knew about the buses. My problem with lm was that going to refill the mugs every morning/night was a hike. I’m going to bring some clips for the stroller this year so I can carry the mugs with us. :)

Unless something has changed with the recent refurb, the mug refill at the Dig Site pool is subject to the QS location hours because the bartender fills it. Perhaps they've added a 24 hour drink station now? I can't confirm.

I agree with walk from the Little Mermaid room is further. I'll also caution that requesting Casitas 4 at CSR is just a request, and can often be hard to get. Since the Casitas buildings are closest to the convention center, convention attendees are given priority for these rooms. We've requested Casitas 4 or 5 in the past, and were not successful. For our last trip, we decided to pay for a preferred room which guaranteed us a room in Casitas 1,2, or 3 and it worked out great.

I haven't timed it but I feel like the walk from LM is longer than the distance from Casitas 4 or 5, but may be a little shorter than the distance from some of the Ranchos rooms. The additional problem at AoA, that others have alluded to, is that LM is that far to the buses as well whereas multiple stops allows for quick access to buses at CSR.

If I were concerned about walking, I would try to stay in POFQ. But of your two choices I would probably choose CSR (and book preferred, if possible).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter