Art of Animation/Disney’s Pop Century??

JaycenDisney

Earning My Ears
My wife and I will be visiting WDW in coming years but I’m hesitating between Art of Animation or Disney’s Pop Century resorts. Originally we thought Port Orléans Riverside but for the price difference we thought it best to use our vacation funds on more experiences and activities. Does anyone have recommendations??

These two resorts are connected by a bridge (which will also have a Skyliner Station). No matter which one you choose, it will be easy to experience the other one by just scooting over the bridge. (It's like a BOGO!)

We've stayed at both Pop and AoA, and they're both great. We prefer the newly renovated rooms at Pop, but find everything else to be inferior to AoA (food, grounds/theming, pools, buses, etc.). We don't spend a lot of time in the room so we usually book AoA if prices are comparable.

I did a trip last year with just my husband and having the queen beds available at Pop made all the difference. Keeping the second bed up made the room feel much larger, too. If you want to enjoy the theming over at AoA it's just a quick walk across the bridge.

Pop is our favourite by far!! It's a great resort and now that the rooms have 2 Queen beds it makes the decision even easier. I will say we sometimes head to AoA for meals as we prefer their food court but Pop's is good also.

I love POP. The new refurbished rooms are really nice! I'm not sure if any of their pools are due for a renovation, that may affect your decision if you are big pool people.
My wife and I are not focused on pools, we’re mostly going to be in the parks, thanks for your post!!!

These two resorts are connected by a bridge (which will also have a Skyliner Station). No matter which one you choose, it will be easy to experience the other one by just scooting over the bridge. (It's like a BOGO!)
I watched reviews of Pop Century and Art of Animation on the Dis Unplugged and the thought of going over to the food court at Art of Animation while staying at POP was something that I had imagined. Thought I would ask on Disboards to have more opinions, and it’s great to see comments like these come back, thanks!!!

We've stayed at both, and they are so close to each other that you can enjoy the food courts and theming and atmosphere at both during your stay.
There's one difference, though, in that AoA has family suites in all but the Little Mermaid rooms, which rarely (if ever) are subject to discounts. Plus, they are the furthest from food and transportation, and I have to say I enjoyed the (renovated) Pop room over the (cute but not as cozy) LM room.
They are both great resorts, though. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter