Arriving Late - Very Late

todd222222

Mouseketeer
For our next trip we will be driving from North Texas.

Our plan is to leave Thursday after school, say around 6pm, drive all night and arrive in Orlando in the afternoon on Friday.

So we have a Friday check in and have booked a "package" (if that matters).

Worse case, what happens if we don't make it Friday night...car break down, etc...and can't get there until Saturday.

I'm assuming that if I call and let them know it won't be a problem, we wouldn't extend our stay just stay one night less.....

We have always flown so have no idea of what to do...just want to be prepared if it happens.

Thanks!
Todd

Call and have it noted on your reservation.

Take the number and call from the road as well; let them know you will not be checking in until the next day due to "such and such reason."

They will hold open your reservation an extra day.

For our next trip we will be driving from North Texas.

Our plan is to leave Thursday after school, say around 6pm, drive all night and arrive in Orlando in the afternoon on Friday.

Worse case, what happens if we don't make it Friday night...car break down, etc...and can't get there until Saturday.

I'm assuming that if I call and let them know it won't be a problem, we wouldn't extend our stay just stay one night less.....

We have always flown so have no idea of what to do...just want to be prepared if it happens.

Thanks!
Todd

Holy Smokes, that's going to be one long drive. We are from North Louisiana and break the driving down into two days. We leave after work and drive half way. Then, we drive the rest of the way, the next day.

Like the other poster said, I'd call Disney and make sure that they have a notation on your reservation and then have the number handy while driving "just in case".

Holy Smokes, that's going to be one long drive. We are from North Louisiana and break the driving down into two days. We leave after work and drive half way. Then, we drive the rest of the way, the next day.

Like the other poster said, I'd call Disney and make sure that they have a notation on your reservation and then have the number handy while driving "just in case".

We will see how it goes...we have three drives and I figure breaking up the drive by each taking 2 or 3 hours at a time we can do it....

But if not, we may just be very late. :)

Thanks!
Todd

You will be checked in by the computer (automatically) if you have not arrived by 2:00 am on your day of check in. Then it will be held until at least noon the next day. At that point, it would be checked out as a deposit forfeiture if the resort has not heard from you. But that gives you plenty of time. You do not need to worry about letting them know "ahead of time" that you are driving and may be late.

Just start on your trip and don't worry about it. If any of the worst case senarios happen, then you can call the resort and let them know. But they are used to guests checking in all night long and will not think anything about you being very late. I would only worry and call if I knew that I was going to be there the next day. And they still hold that till noon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter