Arriving Good Friday 2013 - what to do?

marvel

DIS Veteran
We are travelling from Australia in March 2013, and our best flight options mean we have to arrive on Good Friday March 29th, and I am stumped as to what we should do during these first few days, given I expect large crowds and possibly major traffic issues across easter.

We are leaving Disney etc till the end of the trip, we are here for a month, so that shouldn't be a problem and we will drive to Vegas in between, but I just cannot work out whether driving up the PCH maybe towards monterey? would be wise during these busy days? are we crazy to think of this?

Any suggestions appreciated, we have been to LA numerous times, so dont need to do any touristy things. Just wondering where to avoid being totally consumed by crowds for a few days, whilst still enjoying lovely CA.

Thanks in advance.

Hey princess, I forgot about this thread as I had not one single response. Looks like the first 3 nights will be at Pismo Beach and then driving onto Sequioa National Park on our way to Vegas.

That's what I have come up with at this stage, it means we hit disney on our last two weeks of April which should be lower crowds.

Sounds like a plan. Did you consider checking out Solvang and breaking up your stay between Pismo and Solvang?

I did think about it, we aren't big fans of breaking up the trip with many 1 and 2 nights stays, you tend to lose a day checking into the hotel and then leaving the next morning. Although it is a good suggestion. Nothing is set in stone, i thought about posting my whole planned itinerary on the Oz Disboards section and given everyone a chance to comment, but figured it's a bit of a hassle for everyone.

Well, from memory, Pismo to Solvang is about an hour's drive. So, if you wanted an option away from the beach, it might be a good alternative.

And you know us Aussies....if you post your itinerary, you're going to get the individual viewpoints...asked or not. :lmao:

I love Pismo Beach. We go every two or three months to soo my grandmother. Where are you staying?

We put a hold on the Hilton Pismo Beach. We had thought about the Pismo Lighthouse but were concerned about the many reports of thin walls and noise coming from other rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter