Arriving from Ireland...NEED HELP!

ireland

Earning My Ears
Hi there,

Myself and my wife (late 20s!) are arriving from Dublin to WDW last Aug. We're looking for 4 or 5 good all-round post 7pm restaurants. We were thinking Brown Derby, Californian Grill. Any other comments /suggestions?

Also, and I know this isn't food related, but we're staying at the Hotel Royal Plaza in Downtown. Is the bus service really that bad? Whats the story with taxis etc........

Thanks for your help!

Hi Ireland, and welcome to the DIS! :D

I can't help you with the bus service from your hotel, but I can recommend some good restaurants to begin your trip. How about San Angel Inn in Epcot, or Le Cellier? If you're looking for something more casual, we love 50's PTC. Enjoy your planning, and have a wonderful trip.

Ann

We like San Angel Inn as well. Artist Pointe is also a favorite.

Hi! Enjoy your trip. I like the California Grill, Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge), and Palio's in the Swan. Check out the dining reviews and menu's on this site. It will tell you alot.

Hello, ireland . . . welcome to the DIS !!

Are you thinking of having your evening meals while still in the parks, or were you perhaps thinking of leaving the parks and having your dinner in one of the resorts or downtown Disney?

And is this your first trip to WDW??

Head over to the Cape May buffet for dinner. It is at the Beach Club resort, which is a nice, pleasant stroll from Epcot! Quite a few different offerings, and the desserts are nice.

Also stop at the Yakatori House in Epcot for nice counter service - beautiful gardens and great beer! You can watch Illuminations after (don't miss this show!!!!!).

Taking a taxi back to your hotel is a good idea if you don't want to wait for the bus. My recommendatoin is to ask the restaurant (which ever one you choose) to get you a "legitimate" cab - that will charge you reasonable rates.

Have fun!

There are soooooo many good places to eat, here's a few of our favorite's:
Jiko's at Animal Kingdom Lodge
California Grill at Contemporary
Palio's at The Swan
Marrakesh in Epcot at Morrocco Pavilion
Portobello's at Downtown Disney
Prime Time Cafe is fun at MGM

There are so many good places to eat that it can be difficult to decide which one's you would like to go to.
Have a great trip!

Hey Ireland! Just LOVE your Country! The nicest people and politest drivers on the Planet.

My favs are:
Citricos - Grand Floridian
Artist Point - Wilderness Lodge
Jiko - Animal Kingdom Lodge
Le Cellier - Canada/Epcot
Flying Fish - Boardwalk
California Grill - Contemporary

Unfortunatly, there are no potatoes in this country that compare to yours. For the first time I really understood what Frank McCourt meant by floury, buttery potatoes. I ate so many, they were out of this world!

Thanks for your help so far everyone.

Can't wait to get to WDW in Aug, although I'm not the best person for getting up early. Still we'll make the effort when we're there.

Is there any good restaurants close to our hotel in Downtown Disney??

Thanks again, and the next time any of you visit Dublin, the Guinness is on me!!!!!!!

Downtown Disney has some great restaurants. We like House of Blues for soul food, Bongo's Cuban Cafe is good for cuban food. Do you like seafood? Fultons Crab house is excellent. There is also Wolfgang Puck's, Rainforest Cafe, and Planet Hollywood. The best place there is the Portabello Yacht Club. Excellent food, a little pricey, but worth it.

Enjoy your trip!

In case of emergency: You can get a pint at the Rose&Crown pub in the UK area of Epcot;)

Lots of good advice for you. If there was one place not to miss I think it would be California Grill. Great food and great view of the MK.

I too love your country. I loved driving there and it was hard to stop lifting my index finger in greeting when I returned home. Unfortunately around here there are some folks that use a different finger with a rude intent:rolleyes:. I prefer the Irish way!

Welcome to the DIS.

We liked the Steak Concourse restaurant in the CR. If it is late and we are not very hungry we will stop here for appetizers. They have a good French onion soup, crab cakes, and Ceasars salad. The service has always been great and we are sitting right by the monorail, so it feels very special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter