Arriving at WDW late...what to do?

blitzkrieg048

Bond...James Bond
We're arriving at Orlando airport around 8pm on a sat. nite. Staying at ASMo. Renting a car so probably get to WDW around 9pm. Would like to salvage something on that first nite. Any idea's???????????? I trust my DIS peeps could help me. Thanx

I would head over to DTD and walk around the shops. They're all "disneyfied" so that can start you in the mood for your first full day.

That sounds like fun. We like to play it by ear on the first night, because we are tired and don't want to stress about making an ADR on time if the airport thing takes a long time.

What about a trip around the monorail, and stop in at each resort to have a look around? I love the resorts at night. :)

I agree with DTD unless you are beat then stay at the hotel.

I LOVE the Boardwalk! There are a few restaurants there and an ice cream shop and some other shops. There is music and plenty of other stuff to see. It is one of my favorite "free" places at WDW!

I also like DTD, but I always spend a lot of $$$ there and it would stink to start spending so early in the trip!

Best of luck! Enjoy your trip!

Our first evening seems to never change no matter when we arrive. We usually stay at a resort on the monorail loop so we boat over to FW, we love to start our stay here at Trails End with pizzas and pitchers of beer. Great place, good pizza, relaxed atmosphere and not too many people, usually just about empty any night. We catch the EWP from the beach, boat back to the CR and do the game room and return to our resort for so late night pool time and to hash out the next day.

I agree with DTD or taking a ride over to CityWalk. Getting the lay of the land of the hotel is always an option, too, if you're beat!

We drive from NC and always go to DTD. My kids play with the legos, (my husband always has to have a picture of himself getting run over by the lawn mower or something weird like that :rolleyes: ), trade their first pin of the vacation :thumbsup2 , and visit the toy store :joker: .

Then we eat at McDonald's (yes you heard me McDonald's popcorn:: ) my girls swear Disney's McDonald's is the best in the World. :lmao: :lmao:

You may even want to Garidelli's and Have an EARTHQUAKE!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Remember Have a Blast!!!

Our first night usually consists of DTD, Ghiradelli's for some yummy ice cream, and a swim in the pool.

As you have figured out it is easiest to go to DTD and walk around. We have dinner at DTD and than unpack and get ready for the next day. YOu could also ride the monorail and look at the lights. Have fun!

We usually get in much later than you do -- landing at MCO at 10:30 which gets us to the resort by 11:00 or so. We're usually famished at that point, so we throw our luggage into the room, put our swimsuits on, head to the food court, have a bite to eat and then hit the pool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter