Arriving at midnight

divawife

DIS Veteran
Are there any problems with driving and arriving about midnight or after? We are at the Pop in February, driving down Friday afternoon from GA but won't get there until about that time.

Do we need to call to let them know we won't be there until late? If we check in after midnight is it still considered Friday or does it become Saturday arrival? Will they mess up our connecting room request because we check in so late?

A little worried about this.

Thanks for your help!

We've arrived from GA as late as 2am and it hasn't been a problem. We've never called to let them know.

I think they changeover the time to the next day at 6am or so.

The connecting room issue may be a problem. But it all depends on how many folks in front of you need one. There could be more requests than connecting rooms and the early bird gets the worm so they might be all gone when you arrive.

There's nothing you can do about that other than hope for the best.

Thanks very much, good to know you didn't have to call and update them. I was worried they would think we weren't going to arrive at all and give away the rooms.

Due to flight delays, we did not arrive at WL until 5 AM...When I called, I was told the room is secured until 10AM

If, for some reason, they do not have available connecting rooms when you check in, ask if you can be moved in the morning. They usually will do that.

You can also use the onine check-in which allows you to remind them of your arrival time. This gives them the heads up to set your room aside for you, plus makes checkin a speedy breeze.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to call them. They can put a note on your reservation that you will be arriving past midnight - they can also note your request for the connecting room (not a guarentee - but certainly won't hurt!).

Do we need to call to let them know we won't be there until late?
. . . no
. . . you already paid for the room
. . . they keep the ressie
. . . if ou check in after 2:00am, you ned to stop by the next day
. . . you will not have room charging if after 2:00am
. . . they pre-print the keys before the computers go down for the night
. . . without a credit card PRESENTED TO FRONT DESK, they can't give you charging rights

If we check in after midnight is it still considered Friday or does it become Saturday arrival?
. . . Saturday starts at 6:00am

Will they mess up our connecting room request because we check in so late?
. . . maybe
. . . if someone else wants a connecting room, they might give yours to them
. . . this is a frequent occurrence
. . . people to change rooms and the request is granted, if available

Do we need to call to let them know we won't be there until late?
. . . no
. . . you already paid for the room
. . . they keep the ressie
. . . if ou check in after 2:00am, you ned to stop by the next day
. . . you will not have room charging if after 2:00am
. . . they pre-print the keys before the computers go down for the night
. . . without a credit card PRESENTED TO FRONT DESK, they can't give you charging rights

If we check in after midnight is it still considered Friday or does it become Saturday arrival?
. . . Saturday starts at 6:00am

Will they mess up our connecting room request because we check in so late?
. . . maybe
. . . if someone else wants a connecting room, they might give yours to them
. . . this is a frequent occurrence
. . . people to change rooms and the request is granted, if available

WOW, Rusty, that was some great info:thumbsup2

WOW, Rusty, that was some great info:thumbsup2
I've never seen RustyScupper NOT give great information. I've seen people not like his delivery :teeth: but frankly, I think he's one of the most informative participants on the DIS!

We do this all the time, arrive at 12 am, 1 am and one time 4am! I always call them and let them know I am arriving late....I have never had a problem checking in

We always arrive after midnight but I always have them note it on our reservations...just in case. Never had a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter