• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Arriving around midnight or later?

chrystalc77

Mouseketeer
We are booked at All Star Movies. When I originally booked this reservation, I booked it for a Thursday-Monday under the summer room only discount. Now I've found out that I won't be able to take off work that Thursday so it would put us heading out after work, and it's around an 8 hour drive. If I try to take that Thursday off of our reservation, it puts us at rack rate for a preferred room, and it's only 30 dollars less than if we keep the Thursday on there. My question is would it be acceptable to arrive around midnight or a little after? I don't want to forfeit my whole stay by not arriving by a certain time. It just seems to make more sense to keep the Thursday night on there and drive the whole way and sleep in Friday morning since we're hitting the Halloween party that night, rather than take the Thursday night off, pay rack rate for a room, and risk the room not being ready if we arrive midday on Friday. Advice anyone?

We are booked at All Star Movies. When I originally booked this reservation, I booked it for a Thursday-Monday under the summer room only discount. Now I've found out that I won't be able to take off work that Thursday so it would put us heading out after work, and it's around an 8 hour drive. If I try to take that Thursday off of our reservation, it puts us at rack rate for a preferred room, and it's only 30 dollars less than if we keep the Thursday on there. My question is would it be acceptable to arrive around midnight or a little after? I don't want to forfeit my whole stay by not arriving by a certain time. It just seems to make more sense to keep the Thursday night on there and drive the whole way and sleep in Friday morning since we're hitting the Halloween party that night, rather than take the Thursday night off, pay rack rate for a room, and risk the room not being ready if we arrive midday on Friday. Advice anyone?

You will be fine. Midnight is technically the next day, but it's still the current day as far as your reservation is concerned. The computers roll over at 6 am, so as long as you check in prior to 6 am Friday, you are good. If it would give you peace of mind, you could have it noted on your reservation the approximate time you think you'll be arriving (or just put "after midnight"). Have a great trip :).

We arrived around midnight on the last day to check in for free dining last year. It was no problem, you'll be fine.

In terms of hotel room occupancy, the new day rolls over at 6 AM. Keep your current reservation so that you can get into your room and get some sleep even if you arrive after midnight (very early Friday AM.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter