Arrival Night quick service? FIRST TRIP EVER!

JoyAhead

Mouseketeer
Hi all! We just booked our first trip ever and are so excited! It will be me, my husband and our 5 year old daughter. I'm trying to figure out what to do arrival night. We only want to use a quick service, to save our extra table service credit to put toward CRT. At the latest, we should get to Disney by 8pm (We will be going through time changes, so eating at 8 or 9 won't be an issue). We are staying at Art of Animation. I have read good things about their food court. We are deciding between hanging at AoA - food court meal, running around and exploring after a LONG day in the car, getting settled, etc. -OR- going somewhere for a quick service and riding the monorail loop. Any thoughts on either plan? Any non-park quick service recommendations? I don't want to keep my daughter up too late, because we do want to have a big day at MK the first day... but with the time change our bodies will be a little off and an early bedtime probably won't happen after just sitting in the car all day. Thanks!

Hi all! We just booked our first trip ever and are so excited! It will be me, my husband and our 5 year old daughter. I'm trying to figure out what to do arrival night. We only want to use a quick service, to save our extra table service credit to put toward CRT. At the latest, we should get to Disney by 8pm (We will be going through time changes, so eating at 8 or 9 won't be an issue). We are staying at Art of Animation. I have read good things about their food court. We are deciding between hanging at AoA - food court meal, running around and exploring after a LONG day in the car, getting settled, etc. -OR- going somewhere for a quick service and riding the monorail loop. Any thoughts on either plan? Any non-park quick service recommendations? I don't want to keep my daughter up too late, because we do want to have a big day at MK the first day... but with the time change our bodies will be a little off and an early bedtime probably won't happen after just sitting in the car all day. Thanks!
They have many choices of food at the AOA food court. I really think that exploring the resort by walking around among all the themeing will be enough for your first night after a long travel day. POP Century resort is just a lovely stroll away over the bridge to see even more Disney themed decor. There are gift shops and food courts at both resorts. Then rest up for your first big day in the morning.

They have many choices of food at the AOA food court. I really think that exploring the resort by walking around among all the themeing will be enough for your first night after a long travel day. POP Century resort is just a lovely stroll away over the bridge to see even more Disney themed decor. There are gift shops and food courts at both resorts. Then rest up for your first big day in the morning.

Thanks! I just now read somewhere else that you can see some of the fireworks from the bridge at AoA, so I think that may be fun... play, explore, food court and try and catch a glimpse of a few fireworks. I know our daughter will be wired from sitting all day + DISNEY, so running and getting energy out will be good.

We always eat at one of the resorts on our arrival day. Two trips ago it was just our food court at CBR. The most recent trip was at the QS place near Chef Mickeys in the Contemporary.

I think eating at AoA food court is a great idea. It's where we plan to eat on the first day of our upcoming trip. We are staying at POR, but will be checking out some other resorts that first day and AoA has some Indian selection which my wife is excited about (Naan Bread, or however you spell it)

I would also vote for staying at AoA and getting something to eat there then getting to bed. You can get a fresh start the next morning that way.

If you have a chance when you are at Disney Springs, you should really try Earl of Sandwich. Very reasonably priced and very delicious. It is one of our must do's for every trip.

I hope y'all have a MAGICAL first trip. You just can't beat the first time you walk into the Magic Kingdom and see the castle!!

I would 100% plan to do a quick service meal.

Our trip back in 2010 we had planned to go to Downtown Disney as it was called then now Disney Springs for dinner on arrival night. We were so exhausted and we got to our resort CBR between 5:30 and 6 PM having been traveling for 12 hours ( factoring time differences). Kids in the party were 2,4.5,5 and 6.5 so comparable to your DD OP. We ended up eating at the resort Quick Service.

One thing that I would do is make a chart of when you will be using the credits especially if you have an early flight home. This is what ours ended up looking like. Note there was only one snack credit at the time

Trip 8 nights regular dining for 3 people ( one member in our room was the 2 year old and the rest were in other rooms)

Arrival Day
Didn't think and paid cash for all the meals I blame being up for 14.5-15 hours on 3.5 hours of sleep.

Day 1 MK
Breakfast in room using items we went to the store and got ( we rented one car so some members of our party could attend religious services the next day)
1 Quick Service ( 7 left)
1 Snack (7 left)
2 Table Service for CRT (6 left)

Day 2 AK
1 Table Service (5 left)
1 Quick Service (6 left)
1 snack (6 left)
Sandwiches in room

Day 3 EP
1 Table Service (4 left)
1 Quick Service (5 left)
1 Table Service (3 left)

Day 4 DHS
Breakfast in room
1 Snack (5 left)
1 Table Service (2 left)
Quick Service (4 left)

Day 5 Sea World
Breakfast in room
Quick Service style lunch at Sea World
Quick Service (3 left)

Day 6 EP
Quick Service (2 left)
Quick Service (2 left) we actually purchased a meal at 3 different countries and shared the dish in order to taste different foods
Snack x 3 (2 left) Same plan as quick service meals it was realized how many were left plus this was a great way to try items from different countries
Table Service (1 left)

Day 7 MK
Breakfast in room
Quick Service (1 left)
Snack x 2 ( 0 left)
Table Service (0 left)

Day 8 Departure
ME time of 4 am so Bell Services at our door at 3:30 am (this is with a 7 am flight) Quick Service not opened so used last Quick Service Credit night before to pick up meals that could be eaten cold along with paying some cash to get some snacks to eat. We ended up having Pizza ( I didn't due to allergies so 2 year old had mine), Salad (I also had child's), apples and caramel dip, bottled juice plus a milk purchased for 2 year old.

I don't know if you have that early of a return flight but though you would like to know how we chose to handle it with nothing open that early. I have planned out on paper many a return trip which would be a departure flight around 4:30 PM with a ME time of around 1:30 PM. Depending on resort could do either a QS or TS meal figuring a 1.5 hour travel time if going to another resort after eating so would have to be either a breakfast or first seating times for lunch. If at same resort could go as late as noon in which case if both QS and TS available could be a QS breakfast before 8 am and a TS lunch closer to Noon. There is a flight closer to 7 PM that I could take but it only allows a 45 minute layover in an airport that your connecting flight could be 3 concourses over and if both are on the far end you better 1 pray, cross fingers, hope your choice that your flight is not late getting to the gate 2. You can easily get all carry on luggage and gate check items are there when you get off 3. Others are not blocking you in the plane 4. Your prepared to run fast because doors actually close 10 minutes before the flight. Concourses at connecting airport are long ones. I do have family members who have done this layover but it was adults who were runners and no children involved plus carry on could go under the seat so they could easily get off the plane and get to the connecting gate. The other 2 flights with only a single stop layover are the dreaded slightly after 7 am time.

Even with your time change I would still suggest staying at your resort. You are going to want to get your internal clocks adjusted to the time change even if you aren't tired yet or getting up early for rope drops is going to be unpleasant. You could at least relax a bit staying at the resort, maybe even take a swim in the pool to help tire your daughter out.

I agree stay at the resort and enjoy at meal at the AOA food court. We have stayed there twice. Both times we got to the resort around 8, and both trips we did a late dinner at the food court. We let the kids get cupcakes for dessert, which they loved. I think on one trip, DH took the kids to the pool. On the other trip, the pool was closed by the time we finished dinner. Use that time to relax and enjoy the resort.

Another vote for eating at AoA and getting settled in early. Their food court is good, the main pool is fun, and SO many great statues to see by touring the different sections. There's a different ambiance at night.

We drive too. Even getting there earlier around 3 or 4, we always relax at our resort the first night. Even when buses are running efficiently (or you drive over), you'd be surprised how much time it takes to travel from one area to another...It helps to unwind, recharge, and ease into the "Disney Bubble" :love:

My first trip was to AoA too!! I agree, that staying there is the way to go. We ate almost all of our quick service meals at The Landscape of Flavors--they have a lot of options. Also, I regret not seeing all there is to see at the resort. It is large and wonderful characters on every corner. Also, as a first timer I was already overwhelmed by magical Express, getting texts from the resort, and just general panic and excitement at being in DW. Take that first night to let it wash over you. It'll be great!

I highly recommend falling in love with your resort on the First Night. Especially if your park visits don't start until the next morning.

Walk around, listen to the ambient music, splash in the pool, grab a quick-service meal, grab a snack, grab an adult beverage and sit pool-side, get familiar with your bus stop/s as you will be racing to that spot each morning LOL, unpack your suitcases while listening to the Resort Channel (one of my favorite rituals!!!) and RELAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!

Agree with everyone else. Stay at AOA. Walk around the Resort and enjoy. Our last visit was so busy we hardly had any time to enjoy the place! My best advice for a first visit.... take the time to enjoy it! Take everything in, you'd be amazed by how much you can miss because your always in such a hurry.

I'd stick to your resort. We should have gotten to CSR last November around 6:30-7:00 pm (after driving from southern Virginia). We hit a major accident that closed I-95 with life flight landing a few yards in front of us. That plus major traffic on I4 near Orlando put at the resort after 9:30pm. We were so exhausted, we grabbed a quick bite at the resort and went right to bed as we had a full day planned the next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter