Arrgh mad!

emily1982

<font color=purple>Esteemed and very valued DIS Ve
Just had a phonecall from the garage to say my mini has failed its MOT due to a bald tyre, but then they went on to say that nearly all the tyres are the same, brake pads are nearly gone, the number plate is pealing and the rear wiper is cracked!
Thing is i brought the thing second hand last yr from the mini garage and have only done 2500 on the clock and im pretty sure i made the garage change the tyres before i had the car. To top it all off i have such a bad toe im in agony and off to see a surgeon on Thursday. Sorry i just need a moan!

Sounds like the mini garage didn't change the tyres! New tyres would not wear down in 2500 miles (unless you drive like Lewis Hamilton LOL).

So you can check what the MOT garage is saying - legal limit is 1.6mm of tread depth across 3/4 of the tread, all the way round the tyre (i.e. no bald spots).
Best to change tyres when they get down below 2 to 3mm of tread depth because braking performance falls sharply after this, especially in the wet.

Good luck with the toe :hug:

What a nuisance - I can't help you with your car - but please feel free to have a rant Emily :thumbsup2 Sorry to hear about your toe, I hope it gets better soon

well apparently the one tyre is down to 1.4 or something and the other are 3 something. Both garages are mini syneter garages, so i phoned the garage i got the car from and asked them to sort the details out. If my toe didn't hurt so much and i wasnt so exhausted from being up all night with it, the MOT wouldn't have bothered me as much. Gawd knows how im getting to work monday without a car. I might swap the car for a wheelchair as they don't need MOT's.

Go for one of those little electic scooters less work for the hands then :goodvibes .
Hope your toe get sorted out , & moan away we all have broad shoulders here:rotfl:

O no, Hope you get it sorted.

Electric Scooter sounds like a great idea :goodvibes

Hope your toe gets better soon and you have a better nights sleep. :flower3:

Poor you, Emily, sounds like you are having a rotten time. I hope your car isn't too expensive to sort out and that your toe is feeling better real soon :hug:

Laur's princess:

Sounds as though you are having a rotten time at the moment Emily. Hope the car doesn't cost too much to pass it's MOT. Hope everything goes well on Thursday.

I hope you get your car sorted. The tyres on my mini lasted 10,000 miles for the fronts and 25,000 miles for the rear. Good luck for your next MOT.

Don't let sytner change your tyres or wipe blade and number plate, else you will be cherged huge prices for the parts.

If you have a local Halfords, you can get the new number plate from there (need to take in your Vehicle reg doc) and get the wiper pblade from there also.
Then ring around some tyre garages and get a cheaper price. The will want to know the size and rating of the tyre its on the edge of the tyres.

I think i might have to let them Obi because they refuse to drive the car because of the tyre and i cant drive the car because of my foot :(

hope they don't sting you too much Emily, darn cars are such a money pit!

Emily - did you ask them to change the tyres before you bought the car? If so and they didn't then you should be able to get them to do it now and they shouldn't charge you?
If I were you I would get the tracking checked too - if the car had only done 2500 miles then there has to be some mechanical reason as to why they have worn down so soon.

I think i might have to let them Obi because they refuse to drive the car because of the tyre and i cant drive the car because of my foot :(

Do you have a spare wheel or is it one of these stupid sealer bottles?

Might be worth getting a spare wheel and tyre if thats the case.

Ask them for a price for the tyre change, they don't do it at their dealership, they will use a tyre garage, get some quotes and demand to know why their price is so much higher (if that is the case of course :goodvibes )

Hope you don't get ripped off over your car and it get sorted quickly. I hope your toe gets better soon too:hug:

Oh Emily you are really having a run of annoying bad luck at the moment aren't you? You have my number if you want to ring me and chew my ear off!!! Good luck for thursday

Thanks Everyone, i feel abit better today and back to work tomorrow so that will take my mind off things!
Thanks Denise, i'll keep that in mind. i'm going up m.hill later to buy some comfy shoes for work, i have a feeling its going to be v.busy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter