Arm cast on rides

sahmoffour

Mouseketeer
We leave in 12 days, and my daughter just got a buckle fracture and has a cast up to her elbow. I've been researching, and it looks like there's no restrictions on her going on any rides (as long as she can put on the restraint system).

Does anyone know about the waterparks though? If she gets a waterproof cast (we're trying to get her plaster one switched out), will they let her on waterslides?

FYI the waterproof casts just mean that the cotton inside is replaced with something that can get wet. Imo you're better off getting a cover. I got a thick blue one with a pump to get the air out (from Amazon). It worked very well so my son could swim last year with his shoulder to fingers cast.

I don't know about waterparks though. Check out the website info!

And you're right. Disney theme parks don't have cast restrictions. If you're hitting universal, though, Hulk and Dragon Challenge don't allow casts.

Hope she heals quickly and thoroughly.

Last edited:
Can't speak for Disney, but took my daughter to a Six Flags water park with a wrist cast that went to the middle of her forearm. They would not let her ride the slides or go into the wave pool past her waist. They explained that they didn't want her to bump her cast/arm along the slides on the way down. As far as the wave pool we never got an explanation but I assume it was that they didn't want her to accidentally bump into others with her cast & also to they wanted to ensure she would have no problems in deeper water if trying to swim. I know Disneys rules may vary. Just wanted to share our experience.

No idea, but maybe ask the doctor what is okay and what isn't and bring a doctors note saying it is safe to ride?

We leave in 12 days, and my daughter just got a buckle fracture and has a cast up to her elbow. I've been researching, and it looks like there's no restrictions on her going on any rides (as long as she can put on the restraint system).

Does anyone know about the waterparks though? If she gets a waterproof cast (we're trying to get her plaster one switched out), will they let her on waterslides?
My son broke his arm a couple years ago and went with a cast. He was around 8 years old then. Any rides he could get wet we put a plastic bag around it. there were no restrictions from Disney at all. In fact they kept calling him a "cast" member.

Oh no, hope your DD is ok. I'm just waiting for this to happen to my accident prone twins at some point in the next five days before we leave...

Anyway I've actually seen a lot of arm casts at Disney (and leg casts too). So I'm guessing no restrictions.

Thought I'd update in case anyone else runs into the same problem. I emailed Guest Services, and they confirmed there are no ride restrictions as long as it doesn't affect the harness/safety bars. BUT, no waterslides for her. There's a chance she may be able to change it out for a splint right before we go as it's a pretty minor injury as far as fractures go, so I'm waiting to hear back if they allow splints on the waterslides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter