arm cast and Avatar ride at Animal Kingdom

LisaBrx

Earning My Ears
Hello!
Can anyone tell me is a full arm cast on my teen son will be a problem to ride the Animal Kingdom Avatar or Soarin rides at DisneY?

It should not be a problem. you do not really need to hold on and holding on with one hand he should be fine.

Hello!
Can anyone tell me is a full arm cast on my teen son will be a problem to ride the Animal Kingdom Avatar or Soarin rides at DisneY?

The boat ride (Navi River Journey) should be fine, and Soarin' I'm not worried about.

But Flight of Passage at Pandora might be a different critter. He may need to try the test seat out front. Perhaps watch a few videos online (search YouTube for "Flight of Passage" - TimTracker has a couple of good ones where he takes the camera all the way through).

You say a “full arm cast” - does that mean shoulder to hand? Is his arm bent at the elbow? And probably most important does he wear a sling that positions the forearm in front of him? If he can move his arm outward from the shoulder, he can probably be ok on FoP. It might be uncomfortable if the arm must be held tight to his body. He’ll want to try the test seat.

He should be fine on Navi River Journey and Soarin’.

Enjoy your vacation!

You say a “full arm cast” - does that mean shoulder to hand? Is his arm bent at the elbow? And probably most important does he wear a sling that positions the forearm in front of him? If he can move his arm outward from the shoulder, he can probably be ok on FoP. It might be uncomfortable if the arm must be held tight to his body. He’ll want to try the test seat.

He should be fine on Navi River Journey and Soarin’.

Enjoy your vacation!
I missed the full arm cast. Yes if she can lift her arm up about table high ( less the 90degree ) and is ok with some movement little bumps. Then she should be ok to ride

There is a post about the Pandora attractions pinned to the top of this board. It has a lot of information and pictures, including pictures that show positioning.

I agree that he would need to bring up the arm to at least mid chest height to get it over the chest part of the restraint. Guests can’t ride with arms inside the chest area. Trying the test s’est is jour best bet.

EDITED TO CORRECT LAST SENTENCE:
It’s bad enough when Autocorrect changes English words. But, because I have a French keyboard installed and sometimes type in French, it decides to autocorrect my English to French. :)
The last sentence should be: Trying the seat is your best bet.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter