Arizona in Summer

The answer may depend on where you live and what you are accustomed to. We did the Arizona/Utah trip on the first week of July in 2011. The day we arrived in Phoenix it was 107. But to me, it did not seem as hot as it was at home in Nashville, because of the lack of humidity. Once we left Phoenix it was much cooler. It was in the 80's at the Grand Canyon, which I believe is typical for that time of year. I'm sure it was in the 90's for most of the rest of the trip, but at no time did it seem hot to me, even when we were out hiking in the sun. Before the trip I was concerned about the heat and I doubted that the lack of humidity was going to make much difference, but it actually did. Funny thing was, all the locals kept telling us that monsoon season had come early and complaining about the humidity. It was around 20%, and that was unusally high for the area. I'm used to 90-100% in the summer, so that seemed like nothing to me.

I live in New York where the summers are very hot and humid so I think I would be able to handle it. Thank you so much for the information it really did help.
Lisa

We are going this July ( Cowboys and Canyons) and are from upstate NY - after the past few days with all the lake effect snow and cold temps - looking forward to the heat :).

We are going this July ( Cowboys and Canyons) and are from upstate NY - after the past few days with all the lake effect snow and cold temps - looking forward to the heat :).

We are going also this summer and with -12 tonight and colder this week I really look forward to warmer weather.:)

I did Sedona, Phoenix and Grand Canyon in August. Weather was great--Phoenix was hot and I wouldn't have wanted to do a lot of outdoor stuff. Sedona was great and canyon was pleasant

I know this is a few months after you asked, but I'm from Arizona so I thought I could shed some light. Yes, it's hot during the summer, but from the looks of the ABD trip you won't be in the very hot areas. Phoenix is really the only super hot place you'll be and you just land there. Sedona is always 10-15 degrees cooler than Phoenix, so even in the hottest months it rarely gets above 100 there. The 90's are actually quite pleasant because we don't get the humidity. The Grand Canyon always has a nip in the air, so you'll be fine and even might want to bring a light jacket or sweatshirt as the evenings can get cool. I cant' comment on the second half of the trip because I've never been to those areas, but Sedona and the Grand Canyon are definitely doable during the summer.

Phil Cirrone said:
I live in New York where the summers are very hot and humid so I think I would be able to handle it. Thank you so much for the information it really did help.
Lisa

You'll be fine. Phoenix is hot

These comments about Phoenix being hot is scaring me. I'm going to Phoenix in June (to visit a friend, not with ABD). How hot should I expect it to get? Talking early June here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter