Aristocat charter in Tortola?

Chrislyn11

Earning My Ears
I know Aristocat charter has excellent reviews. I am wondering if 7 hours is too long? Did you feel trapped or is this a must do. I know Disney offers half day sail and snorkel which may be better but I like the idea of less people on the boat. Thanks for any advice.

Not at all! We chartered a private full day catamaran excursion with a group last summer and had a blast! It was the excursion that our kids are still talking about! I do not have enough great things to say about Aristocat Charters! The lunch was fantastic, the paddle boards were a fun experience and the snorkeling is outstanding! We actually wished we had longer!

Not at all! We chartered a private full day catamaran excursion with a group last summer and had a blast! It was the excursion that our kids are still talking about! I do not have enough great things to say about Aristocat Charters! The lunch was fantastic, the paddle boards were a fun experience and the snorkeling is outstanding! We actually wished we had longer!
Thank you! I am curious which itinerary you did?

We have this booked for our cruise in February and can't wait! I'm curious which itinerary you chose too. We want more beach time than snorkeling.

Can I ask how many you had? We currently have 10 in our group but are wondering if we added a few more to decrease the cost per person if it would feel crowded?

We have this booked for our cruise in February and can't wait! I'm curious which itinerary you chose too. We want more beach time than snorkeling.

The only one left available for my date in July was Salt, Cooper and Peter Island so that is what I will be doing. I will fill you in when we return :)

We did Norman Island and the Indians. We made 3 stops... Or first stop we did snorkeling with the sea turtles! Our second stop we snorkelers and got out paddle boards. On our last stop we went to caves which was also very cool. The kids prefered to paddle board. We did not do any beach time although on a private charter you can most likely request it.
We had a total of 12 people... There was still plenty of room, except when eating lunch. We all wanted to be together and there was just enough room to sit around the table and on the Benches vs out on deck. Honestly the group of 12 was awesome and when you split that it it better than booking through the cruise line! I would add too many more people.

We did Norman Island and the Indians. We made 3 stops... Or first stop we did snorkeling with the sea turtles! Our second stop we snorkelers and got out paddle boards. On our last stop we went to caves which was also very cool. The kids prefered to paddle board. We did not do any beach time although on a private charter you can most likely request it.
We had a total of 12 people... There was still plenty of room, except when eating lunch. We all wanted to be together and there was just enough room to sit around the table and on the Benches vs out on deck. Honestly the group of 12 was awesome and when you split that it it better than booking through the cruise line! I would add too many more people.
We have this tour booked for our cruise in February of 2018. What time of year did you travel? Did you see sea turtles as promised??? My kids are most excited about that part. They all got snorkel gear from the Easter bunny so we can spend the summer practicing:)

We did a private charter with Aristocat in December and it was amazing. We snorkeled at The Caves, went a small beach area (Norman Island) where we swam, paddle boarded and had lunch, then snorkeled at The Indians. I cannot say enough great things about this charter. Best day of our entire cruise. Perfect amount of time, perfect itinerary, perfect crew.

We did a private charter with Aristocat in December and it was amazing. We snorkeled at The Caves, went a small beach area (Norman Island) where we swam, paddle boarded and had lunch, then snorkeled at The Indians. I cannot say enough great things about this charter. Best day of our entire cruise. Perfect amount of time, perfect itinerary, perfect crew.
I am so excited about our adventure with Aristocat! They get such great reviews! Counting the days...or should I say months-lol! Just curious-did you have kids in your group? Were any of you experienced at snorkeling? Thanks! :)

We have this tour booked for our cruise in February of 2018. What time of year did you travel? Did you see sea turtles as promised??? My kids are most excited about that part. They all got snorkel gear from the Easter bunny so we can spend the summer practicing:)

We traveled in late July and YES, we saw sea turtles! It was a great excursion! And may I just add that the captain and his first mate were absolutely wonderful and accommodating in every way!

We went in January 2015 and this was by far our favorite day of the cruise. I can't say enough good things about the charter! We did not see sea turtles but we went to Norman Island and the Indians. The Indians has amazing snorkeling. The crew was great and made everyone feel at home.

We didn't have any kids with us, but there were kids on the boat. I don't think that the younger ones had snorkeled much before but the crew helped them and they also just hung out on the boat while the adults snorkeled longer as well.

Have such a great time!!!

Ok... I was just scrolling and read this as "Aristocat Character in Tortola" LOL For a second I thought one of the kitties were on ship! That would be a fun character experience - Picture with Marie <3

You are not alone.

We nearly booked with Aristocat but went with a smaller private boat (can only accommodate 6). We went for about 7 hours or so and it was perfect. I think the company's name was Island Surf & Sail. Was the best excursion we've ever done! We went to 3 Indians, the Caves, and a little secret place that our captain likes to snorkel where we saw lots of rays, turtles, fish. Was so good we are seriously thinking of doing another eastern itinerary so we can hit Tortola again to book with this company.

I am so excited about our adventure with Aristocat! They get such great reviews! Counting the days...or should I say months-lol! Just curious-did you have kids in your group? Were any of you experienced at snorkeling? Thanks! :)

My kids are 7, 9 and 11 and none of them had snorkeled before, but they are all strong swimmers. My 11 year old was totally afraid to snorkel but Captain Peter jumped in with us and she didn't even hesitate to get off the boat. She enjoyed it SO much and we had to drag her out of the water when it was time to go. My 9 year old is fearless and athletic so he loved it. My 7 year old loved it but it was pretty tiring for him. Peter had him hold onto a life ring and he towed him around. He really went above and beyond to make sure we were all comfortable, safe and having fun.

My kids are 7, 9 and 11 and none of them had snorkeled before, but they are all strong swimmers. My 11 year old was totally afraid to snorkel but Captain Peter jumped in with us and she didn't even hesitate to get off the boat. She enjoyed it SO much and we had to drag her out of the water when it was time to go. My 9 year old is fearless and athletic so he loved it. My 7 year old loved it but it was pretty tiring for him. Peter had him hold onto a life ring and he towed him around. He really went above and beyond to make sure we were all comfortable, safe and having fun.
This is great to hear. My kids will be 11, 8 and 6 at the time we travel. I may be the one needing the help with the snorkeling-:laughing:

We sailed with Aristocat in December 2016 to the Baths and had a couple of snorkel stops too. An amazing day and my kids loved using the paddleboard! Crew is friendly, helpful and knowledgeable! Would do it again in a heartbeat!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter