Ariels??

zetalove08

Mouseketeer
Good afternoon! For those of you 8-5 dissers... only 2 more hours until the weekend!!! (central time anyways!)

Okay, I'm trying to get more information about Ariel's. I was debating between the Boardwalk Resort Ballroom or having it at Ariel's. My wedding is most likely going to be at 10am or 12pm so I'm thinking the ballroom might be too formal, but then I don't know if I'd regret not having it in a big private ballroom with a nice dancefloor in the center.

I love the pictures of Ariel's though (and she is my favorite princess- I watched that movie every morning for an entire year when I was little!) and since I live by the beach I would love to have it near the water with plenty of sunshine coming in. How private is Ariel's? What is the setup like? Also, do you have to spend extra to get a tablecloth or does a plain white one come standard with the venue and if so, did anyone just go with the standard tables and chairs and what did it look like? I have seen all the pictures on wishbook and my consultant sent me some but I still just feel like I can't get a good vision of what it looks like.:confused3

Also, did anyone use the Asian small square vases with roses for centerpieces? They're on the wishbook for $65 each and it seems to good to be true compares to the other vases with roses for $300 each! If so, were you able to choose what color roses you wanted? I know it's small than the others but I like the petite look. The last wedding I was at nobody could see each other at the tables because the centerpieces were HUGE! lol Also, I saw the Beauty and the Beast table accent and was wondering if anyone did that as well because that's only $25 each and I know I must be missing something on that one!

Sorry for such a long post! I'm trying to pass the time at work... ;)

I don't know if this still stands, but I will relay information I was told from my WC when I went there in March for site tours.
I was told that Ariel's will no longer be an option for weddings/receptions beginning March 31st, 2008. She never said why they were changing this, but that if we were having a wedding after this date (which we are) that it was not an option.
If this has changed etc. since March, than someone please correct me.
Thanks, and goodluck, Maggie

We're looking at an October 2008 wedding and were told Ariel's might be available. The lady my fiance talked to said they haven't set a closing date for Ariel's yet and that it's being planned out as a monnth by month thing. It might not be available then cause she told us the new date they were looking at closing it was in the early-midsummer. So check with them when the time comes but don't get your heart absolutely set on it. As for the locale itself, I haven't seen it, sorry! Wish I could be of more help.

we have ariels down for our wedding and we are looking at sept 2nd 2008, at first we were told it was closed but then Heidi came back to us as said we would be able to book it

How weird! :confused: Well Heidi sent me some information on Ariel's and she knows my date is Aug.31, 2008 (if I get it!!!) and she didn't mention not being able to have it there so I'm assuming it okay? Why would they close it? It sounds to me like it's a pretty popular reception location so that's really strange. I'll verify with Heidi and if I get any info on it I'll post.

It's going to be closed for refurbishment. I don't know if it's going to be turned into something else or just have the carpeting replaced, wallpaper redone, yada yada yada -- the same ol' same ol' the do for everything when they refurbish an area but keep it the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter