Ariel's Menu

nun69

Mouseketeer
..is Ariel's not a buffet? I went to the website http://www.dlresortinfo.com/DCAMenus/dcamenus.html
and am not to impressed with the menu for the price...I'm all about the character interaction, but my DS and I are pretty picky eaters and I'm not so sure about this one. Any advice? This is an old menu from 2005 so maybe it has changed...thanks! gone in 4 days!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

The site has it listed as Aug 06, so I dont think its all that old. I dont recall hearing of any big menu changes there recently. It is a set menu, not a buffet. You choose a starter, main course and dessert. If you dont like the menu choices, you might want to find somewhere else to have a character meal.

You could always keep your ps, and sometime between arrival and the day you are eating there walk by and look at the menu (its postd outside). If you dont like what you see, don't go for your ps. Personally, I think the menu looks pretty good.

I guess I looked at the dates wrong and it was 08/06, but for $13.99 the only thing on the children's menu my DS will eat is the chicken strips and I'm still not msure payijng $20.99 for a menu that I don;t think I will really like is worth it...so I think I will see if we can book a different character meal (maybe lilo and stitch)...thanks for the input!!!

Don't feel bad. I too am unimpressed with the choices offerred there. Just doesn't seem like a good value in comparison to the buffet character meals.

There are fewer dessert options now - the Oct. 2006 menu posted was correct as of January, but when we were there in late Feb., the menu was slightly different. There were only 2 dessert options to choose from on both the adult and child menu - on the adult menu, it was the chocolate paradise cake and a fruit and yogurt parfait (not listed), and on the kids menu, I think the dessert options were apples w/ caramel and something else. They also used to bring a plate of cotton candy out with dessert, but in Feb, they did not.

I honestly can't remember which entrees were on the menu as far as entrees. I'm pretty sure that there were fewer choices this last time around. I know for sure that the fish and chips and the salmon BLT were still on there, but I can't remember what else.

If you want princesses you might try Goofy's. Each meal we have eaten there (about ten times now in the past four years) we have seen at least one princess. Its not the parade of princesses that Ariel's is but there is always at least one, usually two or even three. And I do love Lilo and Stich for breakfast but there are no princesses at that one. I like Ariel's and don't think its a bad deal given the prices at all Disney dining locations. But its not a real varied menu so I see your point.

We were just in Disneyland this last week and Ariel's is not a buffet. We were not very impressed with the menu either. DH and I had the cheeseburger and the pasta. My daughters had chicken fingers and the macaroni with an octopus hotdog on top. We did love the character interaction and saw Belle, Snow White, Ariel, Sleeping Beauty, and Cinderella. They were all very sweet. As far as Goofy's Kitchen, we did that one for dinner the night before and absolutely loved the food and the characters. I haven't heard of many princesses there since they turned Ariel's Grotto into more of just an overall princess restaurant. We did see Goofy, Pluto, Captain Hook, Minnie, Alice, Chip, and Dale.
Hope this helps, enjoy your trip!

Don't waste your money! We went last Tues. night and the menu stinks! The food was not that great. Go see the princesses at the Princess Faire and skip this.

:sad1: I'm not the original poster but after reading the recent experiences and lack of good menu, might just skip Ariel's and do another different character dining instead like Goofy's (already have Lilo & Stitch planned). My 5 year old dd probably won't mind. I just can't imagine paying the prices for limited menu and limited character interaction although I was really looking forward to this one. Thank you all for sharing your experiences.

so I did decide to cancel my PS for Ariels and change dto breakfast with Lilo and Stitch...we are already going to do Goofy's for dinner on Thurs (3/29) and Minnies for Breakfast on Wed (4/4)...so I am soooo looking forward to the Goofy's kitchen to start off our trip! Leaving today in 9 hrs!!!:dance3:

We love the Lilo and Stitch meal!!! Stitch is DS's favorite, and last trip he even signed his Stitch hat!!!

We did Ariel's in Nov '05 and too were disappointed in it. Even though DD did get to see all the princesses - the coloring of the restaurant did not really turn out too good in pictures - and we were pretty disappointed in that as well as the food options. Since then we have opted to just "chase" princesses through the park, or even wait in line at the PFF - we got great pictures there, and while it is a bit of a pain - DD loved it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter