Are you going to pay $15 for Max Pass?

Max Pass at $15

• Still gonna pay it!

Votes: 164 82.4%
  • It's priced me out!

Votes: 35 17.6%

• Total voters
I always got Photopass before MP, and that was $78/week. So I just back that cost out of the cost of MP, and I feel a little better!

We will definitely pay for it, both on a regular 5-day pass for me and the signature AP for DS. If I do decide to renew my DAP, I will add MP to it as well. We make GOOD use of it. I think its brilliant.

Having said all that, I will compensate for that extra expense by NOT purchasing other things (snacks, miscellaneous souvies, etc.). We go often enough that we don't need a $40 t-shirt or $5 churro every time we visit.

Every time I compare the cost of a Disneyland visit to a comparable Universal Studios visit, Disney wins every time. It is expensive but you still get more for your money with the Mouse!

pixiedust:

My theory is that they have a set amount of server capacity and some maximum number of users for which the system works optimally. It took a year and a half for them to get enough people to buy it at $10/ticket/day for them to partially break the system during a busy time of week. Now they've got it up to $15 and will undoubtedly gather data. I'm guessing once it happens again (likely this summer) the price will go up another $5, and continue to do so until the user base stabilizes at optimum on busy days.

I think there will be a good argument in the future to tie the pricing to the peak/regular/value calendar so that they can keep the system optimized.

What he said :yoda:

Shhhhh, don't tell Disney, but I will literally pay whatever they are charging for tickets, Max Pass, food, merch, heck--Christmas ornaments. I don't care. It's Disneyland and I haven't had a bad day there in 20 years. Frankly, I'm surprised it hasn't been this expensive all along given the value I feel I receive from a long weekend at the happiest place on earth.

Again, don't tell Disney.

Shhhhh, don't tell Disney, but I will literally pay whatever they are charging for tickets, Max Pass, food, merch, heck--Christmas ornaments. I don't care. It's Disneyland and I haven't had a bad day there in 20 years. Frankly, I'm surprised it hasn't been this expensive all along given the value I feel I receive from a long weekend at the happiest place on earth.

Again, don't tell Disney.
Umm, you know, you just DID tell Disney, right? Yes, Disney executives frequent these and other boards watching to see what public opinion is, they may or may not have accounts, but they watch.

This is exactly why Star Wars Land should've been the anchor in a third park. Yeah, yeah, I know. There's nothing big enough close enough. But they dropped $4Billion for Star Wars. They can shell out some cash for land and a bus system. DL park is going to become a true Nightmare before Christmas.

As for us, no, we won't be buying it. At $75 a day, I'll just keep running and burning those calories. I just wonder on this poll....how many people who said yes are either single or just go with one other person vs. a family of 4+.

I said yes and to your point we do only have one child so a day or two of MP is not going to cut in to our budget( not that i actually stick to the budget anyways). I did pay for my parents and younger siblings MP in December and will be paying the $15 when we go back with them in October. If you know how to plan it out 1 day of MP should be enough. DL is already $$$ so an extra $150 for us to be able to enjoy the parks more relaxed is well worth it for our family.

This is exactly why Star Wars Land should've been the anchor in a third park. Yeah, yeah, I know. There's nothing big enough close enough. But they dropped $4Billion for Star Wars. They can shell out some cash for land and a bus system. DL park is going to become a true Nightmare before Christmas.

As for us, no, we won't be buying it. At $75 a day, I'll just keep running and burning those calories. I just wonder on this poll....how many people who said yes are either single or just go with one other person vs. a family of 4+.
Where are you getting $75 a day? It is $15 a day per person and if each person pays for their own Maxpass, it isn't bad.

As for land, the Toy Story lot and cast member parking is supposed to eventually become a third gate, when Disney purchased this land, the then owner made it a condition of sale that it would have to become a third park within a certain number of years, although I do not know how many years and if that is legally enforceable or not.

Where are you getting $75 a day? It is $15 a day per person and if each person pays for their own Maxpass, it isn't bad.
Most parents get to pay for the school aged children's tickets, passes, food, and MaxPass. I believe GatorChris is a family of 5, thus $75.

That said, yes, I would pay for our family or at least build it into our budget. We've almost always had APs, and if it had been there then, I would have paid for it.

lol. GatorChris has a wife and 3 kids. I don't think the young ones are paying their own way anywhere yet. For his family, the upcharge is $75 per day. Everyone makes their own decisions about what adds value to their own experiences and what sacrifices of time and money they are willing to make. For me, I will continue to add Maxpass when I have APs, and I would probably pay the $15 per day for each of my children or other guests we take with us because we feel that this is a better experience enhancer than buying more souvenirs or snacks or eating more often at the sit-down dining experiences, each their own optional add-ons to a park experience.

While I'm not thrilled about the increase I'll still be purchasing it. We're a family of 3 but my daughter won't go on thrill rides so we'll just get it for me and my husband. Although we're primarily getting it for fastpasses, I also want to take advantage of photopass.

I voted that it priced me out but that's not really all of it.
The whole way the parks are run these days, the poor upkeep and the over crowding has killed the experience for us. The park has no nostalgia left. We've been every year since 2000 but we wont be back for many years - if ever.
It saddens me to write that but it's true.

As for land, the Toy Story lot and cast member parking is supposed to eventually become a third gate, when Disney purchased this land, the then owner made it a condition of sale that it would have to become a third park within a certain number of years, although I do not know how many years and if that is legally enforceable or not.

Oh...that sounds interesting.... I didn’t know that „rumor“...

Last edited:
The poll is missing a few options. Including mine. Since FP is free I have no need to pay for Max Pass. But honestly, in general, FP doesn't fit my touring style.

But it's so nice when you are waiting in your fast pass line and you get another fast pass on your phone or when you are eating at a restaurant.

Yes!!!! This one of the main reasons I love MP. My family gets a 3 day ticket, flys down early Sunday. By the time make it over to the park its noon and we are hungry. We get our tickets scanned, get food and book our first FP. If we want pizza or sandwiches in downtown Disney, we walk into DL gates and walk right back out just to get out tickets scanned. I dont mind paying 15$ a day for this service. If the park is open for 12hrs, you are paying 1.25$ an hour per person.

Last edited:
With the price increases announced today--OUCH! for some people--they also increased Max Pass. So.... Are you still willing to pay at $15?
Ticket and MP increases will help pay for the CEO's annual pay increase.
"Disney CEO Bob Iger earned $65.6 million in 2018. This was an 80% increase from 2017 when Iger made $36.3 million."
https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/disney-ceo-bob-igers-pay-increased-to-65-6-million-in-2018/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+disney-updates+(Disney+Updates+-+wdwinfo.com)

I was on the fence before the increase, if I would re-new my Deluxe AP.
Now IT's definite... I will NOT be getting an AP for the next year.
Not even sure if I'll try to make it to DLR this next year.

Geemo

Last edited:
Ticket and MP increases will help pay for the CEO's annual pay increase.
https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/disney-ceo-bob-igers-pay-increased-to-65-6-million-in-2018/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+disney-updates+(Disney+Updates+-+wdwinfo.com)

I was on the fence before the increase, if I would re-new my Deluxe AP.
Now IT's definite... I will NOT be getting an AP for the next year.
Not even sure if I'll try to make it to DLR this next year.

Geemo
I saw this too, and got a bit of a bee in my bonnet. It won't stop us from going, but it's a tough pill to swallow!

I LOVED using MP our last trip. I hate that the price has increased as we sometimes have 5-6 ppl and that really adds up.. especially if you want to use it more than one day. Ugh.

Short answer, yes I will buy it at $15 for my family of 5. BUT, with steep increases in tickets, maxpass, and hotel prices, our typical trip will be undergoing changes. What used to be an annual adventure will instead take place every 2+ years, 5 day trips will become 2 or 3 day trips, 1park/day instead of hoppers, regular hotel room instead of a suite, etc...We (especially Me) love Disneyland, but I won't allow it to consume our entire vacation budget every year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!