Are you going to pay $15 for Max Pass?

Max Pass at $15

• Still gonna pay it!

Votes: 164 82.4%
  • It's priced me out!

Votes: 35 17.6%

• Total voters
We have never actually used it. With my wife having to use an ECV we usually have to get return times at Disneyland Park anyway and we just get the paper ones for the few rides we do at DCA anyway (we are not drops people so we don't do Guardians)

We have never actually used it. With my wife having to use an ECV we usually have to get return times at Disneyland Park anyway and we just get the paper ones for the few rides we do at DCA anyway (we are not drops people so we don't do Guardians)

Your post is a good reminder that using FP/MP isn't actually necessary for having a fun day in the parks. The FP system works very well for some people whose touring style covers the rides on that system. But not all rides are on the FP system (and I think many people tend to forget this, especially if they are planning their first visit) and FP isn't needed to ride every ride in the park. We know a surprising number of people who have MP on their passes, but hardly ever use it because they don't ride most of the FP rides. When their families get to that stage, they might use FP more often, but right now it just isn't part of their DLR reality. Some days we use it often, other days hardly at all. FP is a great resource; MP is a great luxury. We like both and enjoy using them when we need them. But they aren't mandatory for everyone to have a great day in the parks.

Your post is a good reminder that using FP/MP isn't actually necessary for having a fun day in the parks. The FP system works very well for some people whose touring style covers the rides on that system. But not all rides are on the FP system (and I think many people tend to forget this, especially if they are planning their first visit) and FP isn't needed to ride every ride in the park. We know a surprising number of people who have MP on their passes, but hardly ever use it because they don't ride most of the FP rides. When their families get to that stage, they might use FP more often, but right now it just isn't part of their DLR reality. Some days we use it often, other days hardly at all. FP is a great resource; MP is a great luxury. We like both and enjoy using them when we need them. But they aren't mandatory for everyone to have a great day in the parks.
I think this is something WDW vets who are coming to DL for the first time should keep in mind. WDW has become so Fastpass oriented that if you aren't used to the old way and go into it with a "I need Fastpass for everything" mindset it can add undue stress to trip planning. Maxpass seems wonderful and Fastpasses are great but they aren't something to orient your whole trip around (which sadly is what WDW has seemed to become).

Last edited:
This is exactly why Star Wars Land should've been the anchor in a third park. Yeah, yeah, I know. There's nothing big enough close enough. But they dropped $4Billion for Star Wars. They can shell out some cash for land and a bus system. DL park is going to become a true Nightmare before Christmas.

As for us, no, we won't be buying it. At $75 a day, I'll just keep running and burning those calories. I just wonder on this poll....how many people who said yes are either single or just go with one other person vs. a family of 4+.

We're a family of 4 who will be buying it. But, we're only in the parks for 2 days (One day at DLR and one at DCA), as part of a larger trip in July. So, given those circumstances, it's worth it because it allows us to maximize our limited time at what is sure to be a VERY busy time (due to the opening of SWGE just a couple of weeks prior). Were the circumstances different (a longer trip at a less busy time of year?), we probably wouldn't buy it--or, at least not every day. Also, I bought our tickets from LMT, at the price they were selling them for before the increase, for a total savings of $124, which pays for the cost of MaxPass.

IOW, it makes financial sense--for us--in this particular situation.

Last edited:

You could not get into Pandora. It was wall to wall people waiting hours to get into the land. You aren't getting near there without waiting hours or having a fast pass, even then maybe not. This will last a long time, at least several months. There are way more Star Wars fans than Pandora fans.

It's going to be bad, no doubt. We will probably not return to DLR after our next trip until Fall 2020, I think. I then still expect it to be bad @ Galaxy's Edge.

It's going to be bad, no doubt. We will probably not return to DLR after our next trip until Fall 2020, I think. I then still expect it to be bad @ Galaxy's Edge.

I want to add that I love, love, love Star Wars, but I can wait to avoid the most insane part of the opening.

I see that MP for my AP has also increased by a third. Last year it was $75. It's now $100. While it's a nice convenience, for me it's not essential. I don't renew until early June so I've got some time to decide, but as things stand now, I lean towards not adding it.

Parking rates for DTD increased as well; it was $12 an hour now its $14. We were there last night.

Honestly, Maxpass works great with ECVs, you can get a return time and then book a FP while waiting in line, no need to keep going to and from machines.

I see that MP for my AP has also increased by a third. Last year it was $75. It's now $100. While it's a nice convenience, for me it's not essential. I don't renew until early June so I've got some time to decide, but as things stand now, I lean towards not adding it.
Honestly, I don't think I would ever do the parks without it unless it was a massive cost to add it.

We did our first trip in October and got maxpass for all 5 days - 100% worth it! I would happily pay $15 next time, but I only have to pay for myself and I love getting photos. If I had a family and had to pay for 4 people, I might feel different!

I think we all saw the price increase coming this year (before Star Wars). However, I thought it was going to be a gradual climb instead of a $5 jump. I still think it's worth it though.
I'm with you. Honestly, I expected a 20-25% jump. NOT 50%! We're a family of three, so it's not that onerous to continue to get it (and the convenience is still terrific), but it's not anywhere near the value proposition it was.

Of course, as more and more people found out the greatness of MP and used it, the less that value proposition was. Upping the price significantly may wind up returning the program's full value to the people who do choose to spend the money on it, while leaving the legacy FP system in place for those who don't.

We're doing a split stay in November. While we're at DLH we have parkhoppers with MP added. The next 5 days we have PH and will purchase MP daily as needed. There are 7 of us, so that extra $5 adds up.

I think the price is still too low to price people out. With Maxpass, you get Photopass digital downloads plus a few extra Fastpasses. Using 150 RMB for the price of a singe Fastpass plus 199 RMB for one day Photopass in Shanghai, that's a value of 51 USD. If you don't use Photopass, you would get more than 1 extra Fastpass worth of value from Maxpass. A peak season Premier Access in Shanghai equivalent to 7 Fastpasses is 600 RMB or 88 USD so 50 USD for Maxpass is still relatively equivalent. I wouldn't pay that but I definitely would pay 15 USD.

Honestly, Maxpass works great with ECVs, you can get a return time and then book a FP while waiting in line, no need to keep going to and from machines.
I imagine it does, just for us and the way we tour it doesn’t matter as much. I am sure once Star Wars opens we will use it

As for us, no, we won't be buying it. At $75 a day, I'll just keep running and burning those calories. I just wonder on this poll....how many people who said yes are either single or just go with one other person vs. a family of 4+.

We are a family of 6 that does 5 days in the park and we will continue to buy it. So it will now be an extra $450 vs. $300. If we went multiple times per year I would probably pick and choose the days, but with our once a year trips we will continue to use it. The convenience is still worth the cost for us.

Here right now and was surprised at the increase when I went to purchase it on Sunday. We are still buying it because for us it’s worth it. However, it’s only 2 of us. My husband and I were talking about how huge of increase it would be for families. We have 5 day tickets and it’s $50 more for us. Add a free people it gets expensive quick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter