• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Are you allowed to valet park at the Contemporary with a Mobile order?

herrmannpt

Mouseketeer
We have a party of 11 going in early June. One person uses a scooter and another a medical stroller. Would we be allowed to valet park our two vans to eat at the Contempo Cafe if we have a mobile order? Both vans have a handicap placard, if that matters. My son has Autism and absolutely loves to watch the monorails go through the building. My mother is very COVID cautious and doesn’t want to use Disney Transportation, so parking at the TTC and taking the monorail isn’t a great option for us. I have a reservation for Steakhouse 71, but my son can’t see the monorails from there. The menu at the Contempo Cafe is more appealing, especially for our vegans and vegetarian of the group.

You might be allowed in, but its not likely. The guards at the Contemporary are usually pretty firm about allowing in only guests or those with an actual ADR.

As you probably know, people try to get into Contemporary property so that they can walk to Magic Kingdom from there. That's why the guards there are so strict. At one point, Disney even restricted mobile order at Contempo Cafe to people who were staying at the hotel. That restriction seems to be gone now.

But I don't know if the rules are different if you are willing to pay to valet park.

Are all 11 people going to stay together all the time? As a Plan B, I wonder if the person who loves the monorail and one other person can get to the Contemporary by Disney transportation. The person who doesn't want to use Disney transportation could be doing something with the other 8 people.

For the Covid cautious person, I find the ferry from the TTC to be a much better option. I also use a scooter and when I stay at the Poly the boat is my transportation of choice to MK… even when it’s crowded, I can always find space to “spread out”. Don’t know how the rest of your party would like it, but I find the views lovely and the ride very pleasant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter