Are you allowed to move a reservation to a lower category?

Before the final payment date, you can definitely change the category of a reservation, as long as rooms in the new category are still available and the number of people in the room will fit in the lifeboat station for the new room. The fare you owe at final payment will be the fare for the new room as of the date of your initial booking. If you have already paid more than the cost of the new room, you will get a refund. If your initial room was Concierge level, you can move to a different category, but you will still owe at least the initial deposit for your Concierge room.

After final payment, you should still be able to move rooms, but I am not sure whether you could get a refund if the room cost goes down.

We are a month out from our cruise. Our preferred concierge category came available and we would love to move, if possible. We won’t move if there isn’t a refund or credit.

Thanks

We are a month out from our cruise. Our preferred concierge category came available and we would love to move, if possible. We won’t move if there isn’t a refund or credit.

Thanks
Yes, I have done this after paid-in-full and I did get a refund for the reduced cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter