Are you allowed to bring your own alcohol to the pool?

rbuzzotta

<font color=FF00CC>OKW until 2042<br><font color=t
I was wondering if we happen to be sitting at the OKW pool one evening, would I be able to bring my own bottle of wine or would I have to purchase drinks at the restaurant?

Technically, no you're not. The biggest concern most likely being broken glass in the pool area. But I'm sure there's other concerns......

I've always found that if your discreet, and keep things in a plastic cup, and not disturb other guests, you'll never be hassled by the Disney Police.

:rolleyes:

I can understand the broken glass issue. Just don't want to do this and then get caught doing something I really wasn't sure about.

Thanks for the reply!

No bottle! Never take glass near a pool.

Now filling ones Disney mug before leaving the villa is simply good mood management.

in any pool area open to the public that I am aware of. What you bring in your plastic mugs and cups is, as far as I am aware of at Disney pools, up to you. I have never seen any signs disallowing alcohol to be consumed. Obviously, Disney would you prefer you buy it from their vendors. I saw lots of folks drinking beer out of cans in the pool area at the HH DVC resort 2 weeks ago. But obviously bringing a glass bottle of wine to a concrete pool area is a bad idea under any circumstances.

Last summer we were at the quiet pool at BWV and not only did this man bring his own bottle of beer to the pool area, he took it into the pool. A very polite CM told him that a glass bottle in the pool was very dangerous; could she please pour his beer into a plastic cup. After pouring, she told him you can't drink alcohol while standing in the pool, could she please put his cup by his chair. The man was a little drunk but agreeable. I think their major concern is safety and no one should fault them for that.

Bringing an alcoholic beverage to the pool is allowed; anything glass is disallowed; thus just put it in a plastic cup or container first.

I'm not saying I am a wino but every night I am at the quiet pool with my wine in a plastic OKW Cup the kind with the folded straw you can buy them in the gift shop I have even taken it to the main pool

We have never had any problems bringing our own beer (cans) to the pool. This Nov. we'll be at the BW (with 44 people so far) and were thinking about buying some plastic pitchers, making blender drinks and bringing them out to the pool area. Has anyone tried this before? I was wondering if they would have a problem with it.
I figured since they supply the blender in the room, and they do sell the rum and mixers at the store, why not?

Thanks all for the replies. I really wasn't thinking about the safety issue of glass being allowed in concrete pool areas. I was just thinking more along the lines of being about to have a glass (plastic at that) of wine in my "backyard" like at "home".

Thanks again.

I did this at VB. I had Miller Genuine Draft in a plastic bottle. I took two in my backpack in a zip lock bag with ice. It was after dinner and it was very relaxing to just sit pool side and enjoy a cold beer to wind down at the end of the day.

I usually prefer bottled beer to canned beer. Actually, I prefer to drink either bottled beer or canned beer from a "glass". A suitable plastic "glass" does fine, so long as it has only one hole in it, at the top, of course ;) . Since I don't mind walking to the pool carrying a glass of adult refreshment in the interest of what Bennet calls "good mood management", this will work fine for me. I wonder if the current version of the BW plastic mug is the size of the one I purchased in 1998. That holds 12 ounces easily, and it provides some insulation and a spillproof top (good for the walk, not needed for the drinking). I'll have to buy a new one though, since this is my coffee mug and it's had a lot of use. I doubt I can get rid of the residual coffee flavoring in the plastic.

Ralph

We were at OKW about 2 weeks ago. We went pool hopping over to BW. We made our own blender drinks and put them in a insulated pitcher. It was very hot and they hit the spot. Blender drinks were about $6.00 for a plastic glass so this saved us a lot of money. We were also not descrete about it.

I should warn you that the blender in the room is not that powerful, we were happy we brought our own. We also brought plastic disney cups that we have gotten through the years.

SusanSeng: Now that's something I have to add to my list.

Item #2434) Jet powered blender!

JC

This Nov. we'll be at the BW (with 44 people so far) and were thinking about buying some plastic pitchers, making blender drinks and bringing them out to the pool area.

Perted:

Do you have room for 3 more at your party? ;)

Peterd...44 people...would that be in a ONE bedroom or a TWO bedroom?? ;) :bounce:

Good shot MarryAnn. Petard, I doubt many of us know how they would react to a party of 44 showing up with drink pitchers in hand. They would probably first check to see if you were on their convention list.

Robin,
sure come on down, always room for a few more.
I doubt even half of us will be at the pool at any given time, so I don't think anyone will notice us too much. As for the rooms, 1 GV and 10 studios, sort of a family/friend reunion. Thanks to another member (Patty) on these boards for helping with some of the resv. The waitlist was also a great thing. At nine months, they were sold out. We were able to add 6 studios since originally told sold out, so anyone on the waiting lists there IS hope.

It sounds like you're going to have a great time! I already have plans for July (OKW) and NYE (BWV), otherwise I would join you :). I just might buy a cheap plastic pitcher and some margarita makings in July. My sister and I love 'ritas.

You have to buy a insulated pitcher!! Can't tell you how much money it saved and how good it tasted at the pool and just sitting out on our deck. The blender in the room works OK but didn't get the ice as smooth as the one we brought. We were on a couples only get-away so bringing the blender was not a big deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter