Are we really here?? :) Day One

CJK

DIS Veteran
A little background for ya;
This was a 2 week trip for DH and me. We have never stayed for such a long time so we were very excited. We stayed at the All-Star Sports Resort with the Canadian at Par deal. We were on a strict budget so we only had about 5 sitdown meals and the rest were basically fast food. Without further adieu, it's off to WDW we go!

We had a 6:30am flight from Toronto so we were thrilled to be able to arrive at the All Star Sports Resort by 10:30am!! We were able to get onto our shuttle bus very quickly. We checked in and as we expected, our room wasn't ready. No problem - we just left our luggage and walked to McDonald's for an early lunch. It was a fun way to get into the Disney "feel" right away. We watched a little bit of Peter Pan at McDonald's and then we walked back to the hotel. The MGM bus was waiting there for us so we decided to go for it. We bought annual passes so I was determined to go to a park on our first day! When we activated our passes, the CM giggled when she found out we're from Ontario. I guess it's no secret anymore - I am Disney obsessed and dh is not far behind!

We headed straight for Rockin' Roller Coaster and were thrilled to see there was no line. Oh right......this is September! Yeah! We walked right into the preshow and the next thing we knew, we were belting out the words to "Dude Looks like a Lady" in our limo! Next was Tower of Terror with again, no wait. What a terrific job they've done in the lobby area of the hotel. Seems so authentic. I've been on this ride many times, but it never ceases to amaze me how scared I still become! We've never bought the picture, but dh said we only need to buy one because I look the same in EVERY picture. I'd like to say that I'm smiling brightly in these pictures, but dh seems to think I look more like the women being chased in horror films..... You be the judge! ;)

After one more go of the Rockin' Roller Coaster, we decided to go to the Great Movie Ride. I've heard many rumours that this ride may be discontinued, so I try to make a point of riding it on each trip. We got the gangster side again. The Wizard of Oz scene is quite well done. Our next stop was the Muppet show. Thanks to the DIS, I remembered to look for the key under the mat. What fun! Dh LOVES the preshow here. In fact, he loves it so much that if we get there and we miss his favourite parts of the show, he makes us wait for the next one! Next, we went to the new ABC Show. We had no high expectations of this one. It was all right. We had a few chuckles and some nice air conditioning. Just a tip for those of you who want to go. Try to sit in the middle of the theatre and close to the stage. You may get some free stuff!

We decided to go to Sounds Dangerous next. I've heard many people say they don't like this one, but I like it. When that jar of killer bees breaks........LOL.......I can practically feel them around me! I guess it must seem pretty real because we heard more than one child start to cry! We then decided to go see the Little Mermaid. We hadn't seen it in years so it was a nice surprise. What a great job they did on Ursula. I should probably mention that dh and I are big music fans so we like to catch the shows as much as possible. We're both singers so it's fun for us to see how the shows are all put together. My second favourite show in WDW is the Hunchback of Notre Dame. I'm soooo glad that I didn't find out the show was being cancelled until AFTER our trip. Otherwise, I would have been sad watching the show during this trip. We made it to the show in time to see Matt do his juggling tricks. While I know many of his jokes by heart, it is still so much fun to watch him. I wonder what he'll be doing when the show is discontinued? I watched the entire show in awe. What a talented bunch of people. Esmerelda's rendition of "God Help the Outcasts" brought me to tears. What a tremendous gift.

Next, we decided to have lunch at the backlot express (or something like that??!). We found a table outside and had a great view of the Motor Car parade. Dh is a BIG car fan so what a great combination to watch Disney characters and cool looking cars. We were starting to get pretty tired so we decided to wander through a few shops and head back to the hotel. Afterall, we have 2 weeks to explore everything else WDW had to offer! All in all, a fantastic first day!

I did Rnr for the first time and I found that I loved it....absolutely loved it...I shall do it again.....my most favorite show is the Hunchback....Esmeralda and the rest of this cast are so wonderful......her song always brings me to tears too....fantastic to find another person that loves them too......thanks so much for your wonderful start of your vacation

Great first day! We missed the Humpback show last year and it'll be closed before we arrive this year. Although some didn't like the movie it was one of my favorites. I'm sad we won't get to see it.

:D You are off to a great start! I must ask, what is the "key under the mat" at Muppets???

Thanks! The key is just one of those "extras" Disney likes to throw in. Right at the entrance to the show on the right hand side, there's a prop-like ticket booth. It's fun to read the notes on the bulletin board there and of course, look for the key. I think the key is supposed to be the key to get into the show. It's all in fun. Most people don't know it's there. Hope you can find it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter