Are we overdoing food for our trip?

Scooley01

Mouseketeer
Hi all! Husband and I are heading to WDW in June for our belated honeymoon (rebooked twice at the onset of the pandemic, eventually cancelled). We will be arriving June 5th and leaving June 11th, staying at Pop Century. We have lots of meals and snacks planned out, and I'm wondering if we might have too much planned 😅

Sunday (Arrival):
Lunch in Disney Springs (Morimoto Street Food)
Dessert at Gideon's or Swirls on the Water (For Dole Whip Flight)
Drinks at Trader Sam's
Dinner something small/quick at Pop dining area

Monday (EPCOT)
Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner - Snacks at the various festival booths (Husband has about a dozen picked out, probably WAY too many!)
Reservations at Space 220 Lounge (6:45pm) for drinks
(Also want to find time for Les Halles and some of the other great food options at EPCOT)

Tuesday (Hollywood Studios)
Breakfast at Ronto Roasters
Lunch at Baseline Taphouse (share Ahi Nachos?)
Reservations at Oga's Cantina (5:05pm) for drinks
Dinner at Docking Bay 7
Snack/Dessert: Kat Saka's for popcorn, Hollywood Scoops for ice cream

Wednesday (Animal Kingdom)
Breakfast at Kusafiri or Yak and Yeti Local Foods
Lunch reservations at Yak and Yeti (1:45pm)
Dinner at Satu'li Canteen
Dessert: Tamu Tamu or Trilo-bites for Dole Whip

Thursday (Magic Kingdom)
Breakfast at Friar's Nook or Westward Ho
Lunch at Columbia Harbour House
Snack at Gaston's Tavern (Grey Stuff, Le Fou's Brew)
Dinner reservation at Jungle Navigation Co Skipper Canteen (1:10pm)
Dessert at Sunshine Tree Terrace or Aloha Isle

Friday (Magic Kingdom pt2)
Breakfast and Snacks wherever
Lunch reservations at Steakhouse 71 (1:00pm)
Dinner reservations at California Grill (7:45pm)

Saturday (Departure)
Brunch at Art Smith's Homecomin' (10:45am)

We're also planning, at least one some days, to grab a quick bite at the Pop dining area on our way to the parks, so that we can rope drop rides and catch actual breakfast a little later in the morning.

That all sounds fun!
I don’t think Gaston’s has the gray stuff anymore tho 😕.
Not sure what time your Skippers Canteen is at, but that sounds like a fun day.
I particularly like your HS plans. I would totally love that!

For some of us, access to the restaurants is why we pay so much for admission! 😋

But to answer OP, that looks like a solid schedule, especially since you’re doing so many quick service options that don’t load you up as much as table service meals do. The only day you *might* not be hungry enough in time is the steakhouse 71-Cali Grill day. It’s almost 7 hours so you’ll probably be fine, but if you’re going for that famous burger, it’s huge. I’m always surprised when I space out a table service lunch and dinner in the same day and then am still not hungry enough for dinner. But that just depends on your appetite and what you order, which you know better than anyone. Congrats and enjoy your honeymoon!!

Dinner at Docking Bay 7
Baseline Tap House has Ahi Nachos? They usually only have a pretzel and a charcuterie board thing.
The Ahi Nachos at Yak & Yeti are one of my favorite things at Disney!

I think your question is based on an individual basis. For my foodie family, no your schedule doesn't seem like too much food. To some guests, yes it might be. I think you have a solid schedule as well.

It doesn't sound like too much to me because you have a lot of snacks and quick service built in and you can just share items or order less if you aren't too hungry.
Don't miss the desserts at Les Halles and enjoy your honeymoon.

Baseline Tap House has Ahi Nachos? They usually only have a pretzel and a charcuterie board thing.
The Ahi Nachos at Yak & Yeti are one of my favorite things at Disney!
Whoops, yes I think I mixed those up in my head. We're planning on getting the Ahi Nachos at our Yak and Yeti lunch :D

I don't think it's too much because you have a lot of snacks/CS interspersed (you can easily skip if it's too much). If you had all sit downs it would be hard.

The only thing I would reconsider is lunch at Steakhouse71/dinner at CG. Since you are paying a fixed price for CG, that is a priority. I think that lunch at Steakhouse71 might be too much but if you share a meal or order light it's ok. I would probably switch your Thursday dinner at Skipper Canteen and make that a dinner at S71. Then have lunch at SC on your CG day.

We go to Disney a lot so we probably prioritize dining over park time at this point.

Hi all! Husband and I are heading to WDW in June for our belated honeymoon (rebooked twice at the onset of the pandemic, eventually cancelled). We will be arriving June 5th and leaving June 11th, staying at Pop Century. We have lots of meals and snacks planned out, and I'm wondering if we might have too much planned 😅

Sunday (Arrival):
Lunch in Disney Springs (Morimoto Street Food)
Dessert at Gideon's or Swirls on the Water (For Dole Whip Flight)
Drinks at Trader Sam's
Dinner something small/quick at Pop dining area

Monday (EPCOT)
Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner - Snacks at the various festival booths (Husband has about a dozen picked out, probably WAY too many!)
Reservations at Space 220 Lounge (6:45pm) for drinks
(Also want to find time for Les Halles and some of the other great food options at EPCOT)

Dinner at Docking Bay 7

Wednesday (Animal Kingdom)
Breakfast at Kusafiri or Yak and Yeti Local Foods
Lunch reservations at Yak and Yeti (1:45pm)
Dinner at Satu'li Canteen
Dessert: Tamu Tamu or Trilo-bites for Dole Whip

Thursday (Magic Kingdom)
Breakfast at Friar's Nook or Westward Ho
Lunch at Columbia Harbour House
Snack at Gaston's Tavern (Grey Stuff, Le Fou's Brew)
Dinner reservation at Jungle Navigation Co Skipper Canteen (1:10pm)
Dessert at Sunshine Tree Terrace or Aloha Isle

Friday (Magic Kingdom pt2)
Breakfast and Snacks wherever
Lunch reservations at Steakhouse 71 (1:00pm)
Dinner reservations at California Grill (7:45pm)

Saturday (Departure)
Brunch at Art Smith's Homecomin' (10:45am)

We're also planning, at least one some days, to grab a quick bite at the Pop dining area on our way to the parks, so that we can rope drop rides and catch actual breakfast a little later in the morning.

I think it's fine. It's mostly QS, so if you decide you aren't hungry, you aren't obligate to go and eat there. The only thing I would consider changing is Steakhouse 71 and Cali Grill on the same day. I would want to be able to enjoy the full experience at both restaurants and there is no way I could do a 2-3 course meal at Steakhouse followed by the pre-fixe at Cali Grill.

For us we're too park oriented in getting things done that food while nice to have takes up too much time to do too much sit downs. We just don't get to Disney often enough and it's too much of an investment for us personally. A TS is fine but not our focus.

One thing is knowing your body. When we're parking touring with heat and a lot of walking yes it sounds nice to have a good a/c sit down meal except for me personally my appetite isn't as much with those conditions. QS allows for us to have that greater flexibility in eating more on our schedule and I see you've got a good enough focus on that option but it would still be too much for me. Mostly I was chasing the free water you get lol with a side of reenergizing myself with some food.

For me your list sounds like you're overestimating how hungry you'll be but that's because I'm looking at it through my lens. If you normally eat a lot while on vacation and parking touring it may not seem like a lot. For me too much snacks combined with meals. Drinks too because heat and alcohol don't mix well (we enjoy a drink or two but not day after day). While we didn't get too too many stuff from the booths when we went during F&W just know if your husband has his eye on a lot of them you may find yourself filled up with them even as small portion as they can be so if your focus is being able to do Space 220 Lounge for drinks make sure you allow room for that.

I do agree with the above poster even having not gone to Steakhouse 71 and California Grill those can be quite filling by themselves. Maybe switch if you can one of them to the day before when you'll also be in MK.

Just a clarification you have listed your dinner reservation for Skipper at 1:10pm? Was that a typo?

None of this seems to have you criss-crossing parks or vast areas to do what you want to do and seems somewhat spaced out when you have actual times, so I think it's fine for what it is.

Thanks for the reassurance, everyone! We bumped our Steakhouse 71 reservation back to 11:35am instead of 1pm to put a little more space between those table service meals. One thing I'm not sure of - how long should we budget to travel from MK to Contemporary for our S71 and Cali Grill reservations?

Just a clarification you have listed your dinner reservation for Skipper at 1:10pm? Was that a typo?
Yes! That's our lunch that day :D

Definitely share!

Got it, thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter