Are Trams Back at Epcot?

alyspins

Earning My Ears
Hi! Debating whether to bring a single or double stroller this weekend for my 4yo and 1yo. My 4yo is a great walker and honestly hates the stroller, but we did need the double for her when the trams weren't running. I heard the MK ones are back... are there trams for Epcot? Or any other parks? Thanks!!

Idk about the trams, but if it were me I’d bring the double. So much walking… especially at EP. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. Especially at the end of the day.
What fun ages to be going to wdw!

So for context, we are staying with my parents who live close by, and they will watch the 1yo in the evenings so we'll have the single for the 4yo when we go back in the afternoon. We do rope drop with both, go back to the house for naps, and then head back in the afternoon/evening with 4yo and bring the single. The tram/parking lot walking is the biggest issue but if there are trams we really don't need the double, and will have the single for the end of the day for her.

Earlier this month, we walked through EPCOT to the front entrance to take the monorail to MK. We noticed there did not appear to be any trams running - but I can only base the response on the 30 seconds we were riding above the parking lot. But I think MK still might be the only park with trams running. And, of course, that could have changed in 2 weeks.

We were there last week and the only trams we saw were at Magic Kingdom. Everywhere else we hiked.

If you're doing full days, absolutely the double stroller. How else are you going to lug sleeping kids anywhere?

Only Magic Kingdom right now. We only go for a few hours at a time so walking is doable. But if you're there for the entire day, I'd bring the stroller so you don't end up having to carry exhausted kids who can no longer walk all the way to the parking spot, which is not fun. Been there with a tired preschooler who would rather lie on the ground than keep moving. lol

Is the double stroller front-and-back, side-by-side, or sit-and-stand?

I would avoid side-by-side. They're miserable to get around the parks.

If you're doing full days, absolutely the double stroller. How else are you going to lug sleeping kids anywhere?

Unfortunately my kids are terrible stroller sleepers! But our plan is to go back after lunch anyway, and worst case I'll bring my ringsling to carry my 1yo and my 4yo can ride in the single.

100% agree, if we were doing open-close in the parks a double would be non negotiable.

Unfortunately my kids are terrible stroller sleepers! But our plan is to go back after lunch anyway, and worst case I'll bring my ringsling to carry my 1yo and my 4yo can ride in the single.

100% agree, if we were doing open-close in the parks a double would be non negotiable.
when are you going? it could be very warm/hot walking back to car after lunch not sure how comfortable the 1 year old will be if tired

When we left Animal Kingdom around 3:00 this afternoon the parking lot trams were running.

Last week at Epcot there were no trams

Trams we’re running open to close at animal kingdom!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter