Are they still seating only 1 family/party per table?

Maybe there are cultural differences at play here, but I find it hard to believe that if a solo traveler (or even another family) was seated with you and your family, that you wouldn't feel like they were being rude if you tried to include them in your conversation and they flat out didn't respond. Surely, if you or your family members said "hi" or asked them how they are doing, you would expect some sort of response. This is the sort of obligatory interaction that some people prefer to avoid.
No, not at all. Because I understand that there is communal seating and that no one is obligated to pander to me. We usually go by how the others at the table want to handle things. We are usually first at the table, and if the other family shows up, sits down and doesn't say a word, that is how we go about the rest of the cruise. It doesn't hurt my feelings any. If you get offended that someone doesn't say "hi" to you, that is on you. Maybe a person should not get offended over someone not wanting to talk to you.

Sorry to quote myself, but does anyone know the answer to my original question?
Lucas - it is my understanding that yes - someone from dining services will be available the first day you get on the ship - ask when you check in for the exact time they will be there or ask guest services. Yes please ask for what you want and let DCL tell you yes or no. Good luck.

Lucas - it is my understanding that yes - someone from dining services will be available the first day you get on the ship - ask when you check in for the exact time they will be there or ask guest services. Yes please ask for what you want and let DCL tell you yes or no. Good luck.
Thank you! :sunny:

Oh I know it can be requested but...I really like knowing it's guaranteed...plus shhhh, don't tell my DH-he thinks it is and it's one way to sell concierge:rotfl:

Go Haven on NCL you can likely easily come out the same all in if not less expensive for way more perks including a secluded haven only resturant at the top of the ship.

It just happens that I have a picture of Rapunzel's Royal Table a few days ago, thought it was worth sharing so that everyone can get an idea about how much space there is between tables on the Disney Magic:

1654153676509.jpeg

This is definitely NOT the “two inches apart” some in this thread have described on the Dream.

If you do have a picture from other ships, please feel free to post them as well!

PS: the restaurant looks empty, partly because some tables already left. The dining show started late this night and most people ate their desserts at the 2nd appearance of Rapunzel. It would appear only the guests knowing there would be a 3rd song stayed (or those warned by their waiters). The tables that appear pristine (such as the one on the bottom right) are the real empty ones.

It just happens that I have a picture of Rapunzel's Royal Table a few days ago, thought it was worth sharing so that everyone can get an idea about how much space there is between tables on the Disney Magic:

View attachment 673538

This is definitely NOT the “two inches apart” some in this thread have described on the Dream.

If you do have a picture from other ships, please feel free to post them as well!

PS: the restaurant looks empty, partly because some tables already left. The dining show started late this night and most people ate their desserts at the 2nd appearance of Rapunzel. It would appear only the guests knowing there would be a 3rd song stayed (or those warned by their waiters). The tables that appear pristine (such as the one on the bottom right) are the real empty ones.
The Dream and the Fantasy most definitely have their tables much, much closer together. We have been on them several times.

View attachment 673538

We were on the fantasy the end of April and yes tables were closer together then they had been on the dream in the beginning of April but they weren’t on top of each other. We were close enough to the table next to us if we wanted to talk, the two couples at the two tables near us talked each night. And when we ate at animators platte on animation night our server did connect our tables and it was fine.

We will always continue requesting our own table as I’ve had some very awkward experiences at Biergarten we always end up sitting with a family of 6 which makes it just awkward though I know with the cruise line they do try to put like parties together but I just don’t want to chance that. We prefer the cruise to connect and unplug and spend time together. However if we request a private table and don’t get it, it’s not the end of the world. We will make the best of it. We prefer main seating dining but we wokld take second if it meant we could get our own table.

Just be aware that your “private table” may only be a few inches away from another. We were at table 80 in May - but right behind us was “81A” and “81B” which used to be one table 81 but got pulled apart slightly to make 2 tables. You still have your own table though - so no whining about sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter