Are these good dining choices?

paskitti

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are going to The World 1/31-2/3 because we just became DVC owners at VWL via resale!!!!! and want to scope out the place for when we return with out kids and parents in November. We also want to have a great time and try some awesome restaurants of all levels that WE can enjoy (sit down AND quick service). We will have tables in wonderland and be paying OOP. Here are my thoughts (keep in mind I want to try out places CLOSE to the wilderness lodge as well as the parks). What are your thoughts and suggestions?

Day 1
L-Whispering Canyon
D-Artist's Point (wanted Cali Grill but refurb :furious:)

Day 2
B-Roaring Forks (just to try it)
L-Starring Rolls
D-Flying Fish Cafe (we are WALKING from DHS after fantasmic 7:00 to Epcot for 11:00EMH)

Day 3
B-Boulangerie Patisserie (France crepe place)
L-Le Cellier
D-Sunshine Seasons Food Court @ Epcot

Day 4
B-Kona Cafe
L-Columbia Harbour House
Return Home

Thanks! ANY SUGGESTIONS AT ALL ARE FINE!

Looks good! We loved our breakfast at Kona. The only thing I think I would change is Sunshine Seasons food court at Epcot. We never ate there but looked at the menu and it was just "meh", IMO. There are lots of great places to try in WS ~ I would find something there.

My wife and I are big fans of Crystal Palace (MK) for Breakfast. Try to site on the left hand side of the restaurant and you get a great view of the castle. We also make sure hit Le Cellier (Epcot) and Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge) each time we go. Le Cellier is tough to get but try getting it for lunch.

Looks good! We loved our breakfast at Kona. The only thing I think I would change is Sunshine Seasons food court at Epcot. We never ate there but looked at the menu and it was just "meh", IMO. There are lots of great places to try in WS ~ I would find something there.

Maybe not the best place for dinner but a really good place for lunch! We love it and find plenty of choices! Maybe Coral Reef? We go every trip and love it. I know some don't but we do!
Not a fan of AP We had a bad dinner there a couple years ago, DS got really sick (maybe not the food but...) and Buffalo sirloin was not on the menu and that was what we went for.

Day 2
B-Roaring Forks (just to try it)
L-Starring Rolls
D-Flying Fish Cafe (we are WALKING from DHS after fantasmic 7:00 to Epcot for 11:00EMH)

Day 3
B-Boulangerie Patisserie (France crepe place)
L-Le Cellier
D-Sunshine Seasons Food Court @ Epcot

Thanks! ANY SUGGESTIONS AT ALL ARE FINE!

Just wondering about the logistics of your Day 2. If F. is at 7, you probably would need an 8pm ADR at Flying Fish. You would likely be leaving for Epcot at 9:30 or 10pm. If EMH ends at 11, it hardly seems worthwhile taking that extra walk. Not saying you should cancel FF, just that Epcot may be a little iffy.

Would you consider switching Le Cellier to lunch and Sunshine Seasons to dinner? We love both- the variety of food available at S. S. is great and the quality is very good, but it's definitely more of a lunch place for us.

I would just say that you're going to have a very late breakfast on your Epcot day because you can't get back into the World Showcase until 11 AM.

Just as a side note, I saw you had WCC for lunch. Their new lunch menu doesn't have the skillet any more. If that is ok with you, then by all means go there.

Artist Point, Le Cellier, and Kona are no longer worth doing. They continue to ride on their former (very good) reputations, but the quality of the food and the service at all three are no longer worth the time or money.

The patisserie in France isn't where you get the crepes, by the way. That's done at the little cart out in the showcase itself.

Sunshine Seasons is good for breakfast in particular. It has a pretty decent selection of simple foods for any meal. It's really no worse than many of the so called "signature" places and one heck of a lot cheaper.

I would just say that you're going to have a very late breakfast on your Epcot day because you can't get back into the World Showcase until 11 AM.

I have to agree with this. And as DVC~OKW~96 noted, you would want to go to the cart located on the water for crepes, the bakery has other pastries and things like quiche and sandwiches.

We have always enjoyed breakfast at Kona Cafe and we usually make it a point to eat there once if not twice during our trips.

If you have never been to Le Cellier, I would say its worth it to try (especially if you get the beer cheese soup!). It appears to be going to a Signature for lunch as well starting in January so I'd be interested to see what the menu will be like.

Also, you might want to check on availability at California Grill if thats where you would prefer for you dinner the first night. The refurb has been pushed back to February some time and you could likely find times available for dinner.

I think Sunshine Seasons is ok, but for my DH, it is a MUST do on every trip. If that's his only request, I'l happily oblige so I can choose all of our TS! :lmao:

Where did you hear this? That would be GREAT, but I can't confirm it anywhere?!?!

There have been a couple of threads about the refurb being pushed back since the original official announcement was made back in July. The Disney World reservations website has dinner ADR's available at California Grill through 2/1 but none after that.

First of all congrats on your DVC @ VWL! We recently became members and stayed there last April. You will love it - so peaceful!

My only comment is that I was not impressed with Kona and WCC. They weren't bad - just not particularly memorable dining experiences. Quite honestly I would pick the counter service restaurants at WL and Poly over those 2 options and save some money (or go somewhere else).

Excellent choices! The only one I would say "maybe" too is Sunshine Seasons. The food is so-so, but all of your other counter services are great! Norway, which I think gets overlooked has an outstanding counter service offering! Great sandwiches, homemade tarts and a salad/fruit as your side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter