Are There Hair Dryers In The Rooms

RSJC

Earning My Ears
just checking to see if I need to take one on the Wonder. Also is there an Iron as well?

There is a blow dryer in teh room taht worked fine for us...others say they are not powerful enough for them but I would never pack one again, they were fine. Irons are in the laundry room, you can't use an iron in your stateroom.

It depends on your hairstyle. To me it was just a wide blast of warm air. I will definitely take my own this time.:crazy:

The blow dryers are the kind that you find in a lot of European hotel rooms -- sort of the thick vacuum hose kind. They're not very strong, so if you're used to the one you have at home, pack it! Also pack an extension cord, since there are no American-style outlets in the bathroom, and the ones in the room aren't near a mirror.

And to add to the previous post, we had a set of outlets at the desk, which takes a 3-prong plug, but the outlets are where the desktop meets the wall, and it was not possible to plug in my blow dryer's oversize plug. I needed a short extension cord or a power strip.

I found the one in the bathroom to be adequate to dry my hair to the point where it was just damp, but the hose got uncomfortably warm. I had my kids' hair braided, so solved the problem of them needing to use the dryer!

I also wished that I had packed an extension cord because my hair dryer had an oversized plug and it did not fit in the outlet. The one in the room seemed more like a hair blower than a hair dryer. Next time, I'll definitley bring my own hair dryer and an extension cord.

Besides the fact of the air being weak, the hose on it is not very long. If you can go with that you'll be fine, if you really need big air, strong heat and a long reach, bring your own.

I agree with everyone here... it depends on what you need outta your hair dryer. I have short, stick straight hair, so it was easy for me to blowdry my short bob.

Say, if you had long wavy hair to blowdry straight... I'd say bring your own.

Originally posted by RSJC
just checking to see if I need to take one on the Wonder. Also is there an Iron as well?

RSJC: I just rattled on about this subject on this other thread....

Extension cord!

The only tense moment my DH and I had was the first night, when I went to blow dry my hair for dinner.

My dryer would not fit in ANY PLUG! We were in a Cat 3 and Guest Services said to try the plug in the vanity area. Of course, that would sense! There was NO PLUG THERE! I was going nuts! I'm thinking, I cannot be the only person who has to plug in their blow dryer!

I remembered one thing.... as I was starting to get a tad bit upset just thinking about a week of frizzed out hair.....earlier, when I unpacked, one of the drawers held the ships blow dryer and the cord was all out the back of the drawer, so I couldn't shut it. I asked my DS11 to reach back there - the cord dropped to the back.

So my DH tells me "somone's coming to look at it" and I just yank that drawer out and I find an outlet! That fits my dryer!

Who knew I was suppose to pull the drawer out of the vanity to plug in my dryer and then put the drawer back in and I had like THISMUCH of a cord left to dry my hair! I guess that is what the chair was for!

Luckilly, I brought an extension cord! Was able to plug in the dryer and flat iron when I wanted it. I left the extension cord in the suite with a note to please keep it there for future gals - like me - who like their favorite blow dryer!

Originally posted by 4myguys
It depends on your hairstyle. To me it was just a wide blast of warm air. I will definitely take my own this time.:crazy:

I do have short hair, so the hair dryer in the cabin bathroom was fine for me. And I thought it got very hot!!! Maybe some work better than others.

We discovered that we could pull the television out and plug the hair dryer into that outlet just fine. This was in a cat 5. The hairdryer in the bathroom got too hot:crazy: ! Not the look I was going for.

Since everyone answered your question pretty well, may I ask where you got your wonderful avatar????

Is it available for other's use? :teeth:

I really love it!

Just to let you know that if you bring your own it wont fit in any of the outlets in the room so you will also have to bring a power strip. (also useful for charging the camera and anything else you need) There aren't very many outlets in the room and the big plug on the dryer wont fit.

I think we found an outlet behind the beds -- we pulled them out and found where the bedside lights are plugged in. We would not be deterred!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter