Are There Ever Deals In September?

Rora

<font color=darkorchid>I'm the needy, sexy Unicorn
Hello hello! I rarely visit this board but today I come to you looking for some help.

DH and I are taking my parents to go to MNSSHP in September. We are FL residents and DVC members. We chose not to use points for this trip (none left... :rolleyes1) and I was wondering if there were ever any FL resident or general resort discounts for the month of September.

We plan on going up September 22 and leaving the 26th. We'd prefer to stay in a value resort.

We are just trying to decide if we should go ahead and book now or hold off in hopes for a discounted rate!

Thanks for any help you can provide!! :grouphug:

A couple of months ago WDW had a general public room only discount that went from August 14, 2011 - October 1, 2011 which we used to get 35% at the Beach Club from August 31, 2011 - September 4, 2011. However that discount needed to be reserved by March 27, 2011.

Now if your a member of AAA you can get between 10% - 20% off the WDW Resorts by calling the Disney Reservations Center and asking for the AAA room only rate. Now usually the discounts WDW has offered are a lot better, however right now there are no new public room only discounts for September 2011.

Hello hello! I rarely visit this board but today I come to you looking for some help.

DH and I are taking my parents to go to MNSSHP in September. We are FL residents and DVC members. We chose not to use points for this trip (none left... :rolleyes1) and I was wondering if there were ever any FL resident or general resort discounts for the month of September.

We plan on going up September 22 and leaving the 26th. We'd prefer to stay in a value resort.

We are just trying to decide if we should go ahead and book now or hold off in hopes for a discounted rate!

Thanks for any help you can provide!! :grouphug:

Did you not see the special promotion that was posted on the disney website today? Its for free dining! See below:

For a limited time, get a FREE dining plan when you buy the New Memories Vacation Package for 5-nights/6-days at select Disney Resort hotels for arrivals most nights between August 28 and September 24, 2011.

The special is for a minimum 5 night stay....and as long as you check-in before Sept.24th (or even ON sept 24) they WILL apply the free dining discount to your package.

Sounds like you want a room only rate.. if so might renting points be a decent possibility? I don't really understand the system, but since you are a member maybe you could find a good deal?

Did you not see the special promotion that was posted on the disney website today? Its for free dining! See below:

For a limited time, get a FREE dining plan when you buy the New Memories Vacation Package for 5-nights/6-days at select Disney Resort hotels for arrivals most nights between August 28 and September 24, 2011.

The special is for a minimum 5 night stay....and as long as you check-in before Sept.24th (or even ON sept 24) they WILL apply the free dining discount to your package.

You CAn get this deal mentioned even if you don't do the 5 night stay. In the very fine print, there has to be a 2 night/3 day stay in order to qualify with a base ticket. I know this because I am only staying 4 nights and was told the above information from my TA.

There's no room discount that I know of except maybe AAA? They used to offer a discount but I no longer a member so I don't know what the details and restrictions are. Disney is offering free dining though with the purchase of lodging and theme park tickets so you might check into that as it is a substantial savings.

We are doing 4 nights and were able to get the promo

I was wondering if there were ever any FL resident or general resort discounts for the month of September.

:goodvibes Mousesavers list of historical discounts shows last year the FL Res discount for September didn't come out until July:

For check ins 8/15/10-10/2/10 Florida resident room-only rates became available on 7/15/10, exp 10/2/10

http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html

Sorry to say but IF they have about the same deals this year looks like you'll have to wait a while to see the discounts :cutie:

We are doing 4 nights and were able to get the promo

Yep, the minimum stay is 3 nights, though they sure don't advertise that fact very well, huh? Disney marketing always uses a longer stay as an example to get you to book more, more, more LOL :laughing:

Free dining is always good! You have to eat anyway :goodvibes You could book this promo now, but if you really don't want the free dining, watch the promos, there is usually a room discount out for Late summer/Early fall, and when this comes out, just switch the pkg. But in the mean time at least you'd have free dining.

:goodvibes Mousesavers list of historical discounts shows last year the FL Res discount for September didn't come out until July:

For check ins 8/15/10-10/2/10 Florida resident room-only rates became available on 7/15/10, exp 10/2/10

http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html

Sorry to say but IF they have about the same deals this year looks like you'll have to wait a while to see the discounts :cutie:
Aha! :idea: I thought we may have to wait a bit longer. Thank you! I will be on the look out!
Yep, the minimum stay is 3 nights, though they sure don't advertise that fact very well, huh? Disney marketing always uses a longer stay as an example to get you to book more, more, more LOL :laughing:
And thank you for this too!!

You all rock! :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter