Are there any Towncar companies to avoid?

mom23guys2

<font color=FF99FF>Longs to hear....."A table for
I know people on this board highly recommend a few limo companies, but are there any to absolutely avaoid. The sticky thread at the top talks about slimy companies but which ones are they? There are a few companies that I've seen with lower rates than the "Top Five", are they all terrible?

I would be wary of any service that quotes you a higher rate than is listed on their web site. This may sound like common sense, but three services did this to me, claiming that the difference was for tolls and port/airport charges. Can you say "bait and switch"? One service had the audacity to tell me that they were being "upfront" with me by quoting me a fare in resopnse to an email that I sent that was $25 higher than the fare listed on their web site. When I pointed out that if they wanted to be upfront with their potential customers they should include the extra charges in their web-listed fares, the response I got was that 1) "every company does it this way" and that 2) nowhere on their web site does it say that the company will be responsible for tolls and port/airport charges. True for 2, but also nowhere on the web site does it say that these extra charges even exist, or that they do exist and the customer is responsible for paying them above and beyond the web-listed fare.

I found a company that walked the talk. The fare listed on the web site was the bottom line, except for the gratuity, which should be left to the customer's discretion, anyway (one company includes an automatic "gratuity"- what happens if you're not happy with the service?).

Buyer beware.

I'm not sure which 'top five' you are talking about, but for our Janaury trip I did my research and Prestige towncars was the cheapest I found. I had not heard very much about them, so posted here and on several other boards about them and got back only positive reviews. The only other company that got back only positive reviews was QuickSilver. Prestige was $80.00 round trip to any WDW resort (including the MK resorts which a lot of companies charge more for). This included all fees (except gratuities). We were very happy with them. At one time Tiffany's was getting alot of good reviews, but I read where alot of people feel they grew too big, too quick and their service suffered. I would say do your research and post on some of the boards, asking what other people's experiences were. Good luck!!

I'm toying with the idea of using the new free Disney service for my trip in May, but am a little leary of it, so will probably go with Prestige again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter