Are there any good nachos anywhere in the World?

JrsyDebs

Mouseketeer
I was looking at menus the other day, and several places sold nachos. Some said "nachos supreme", some just "nachos". I really like to eat nachos as a treat, and was thinking that they would be a good thing to have for lunch one day, but only if they taste good and have a lot of "stuff" on them. I saw nachos on counter service menus at Epcot Mexico and at resorts such as All Stars and CSR. Has anyone ever eaten them, and were they good? What were they topped with? Would you recommend them?

BTW, I think I am obsessing about nachos because of a recent experience at a local restaurant here in NJ: The "nachos" were simply different coloured tortilla chips with very little melted (cheddar) cheese on them; most of the chips had no cheese on them! And in the basket were the tiniest cups (like the size of the little cups they use at the dentist for toothpaste when they clean your teeth) of salsa and sour cream, only one of each. It was actually a very nice restaurant with good food in every other aspect, but those "nachos"!!

Another question: Are the nachos the same wherever you go in the World, or not?

Another nachos fan here....

I had nachos (I think it was an appetizer) at WCC in the Wilderness Lodge this past January. They were good!!

I think that's the only time I saw nachos during our 9 day trip.

I had them at WCC too and they were good. I may try the Mexican restaurant (the San Angel Cantena) for lunch time nachos this trip.

Across from the Mexican building in Epcot is a small counter service building that serves Mexican appiterizers. We had the nachos and margaritsa during Illuminations in Sept. YUM YUM YUM!! They were really good- both of them! They also have several tables there, so we sat down to watch Illuminations with no problem- except that my DD4 fell asleep!

I can vouch for the nachos at both the Cantina de San Angel (Across from El Rio del Tiempo) in Mexico- World Showcase and the nachos at WCC.

Both are exactly loaded with "stuff". :thumbsup2

Daisysmom said:
I had them at WCC too and they were good. I may try the Mexican restaurant (the San Angel Cantena) for lunch time nachos this trip.

Another vote for WCC nachos too. Not that they would knock my socks off good...but they are the best that I found in the World. If you are looking for the best then Disneys "nacho" kinda place....... :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Sorry....bad joke but had to do it! :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl:

ESPN on the Boardwalk is worth the trip, take the boat from International gateway to Boardwalk, they are GREAT! :thumbsup2

Poohbear123 said:
ESPN on the Boardwalk is worth the trip, take the boat from International gateway to Boardwalk, they are GREAT! :thumbsup2

We always eat nachos out and agree that ESPN is probably the best place to go! :)

I"ve eaten nachos at the Cantina in Mexico, but by far the best nachos are at the food court at POR. They are so big you need a second plate to hold them!!!!

We get nachos at the F! amphitheater usually. They aren't anything special. Just cheese and chips, and the cheese is very bland. DH likes them though.

hmmerr02 said:
I"ve eaten nachos at the Cantina in Mexico, but by far the best nachos are at the food court at POR. They are so big you need a second plate to hold them!!!!

Had them last year at POR and they were great! Looking forward to having them again in November! They are also served at the River Roost at POR. Nothing like listening to Bob Jackson and eating nachos with a nice cold beer or margarita :)

Lorie

I agree with San Angels & Espn -- also, just off 'the world' Chevys at cross roads mades some really good ones! :)

There are several pictures of the nachos at WCC, ESPN and I believe San Angel Inn on the "Post your food pictures here" thread that is stickied at the top of the Disney Restaurants page. If you do a search for "nachos", I am sure they would come up.

Maggie

Poohbear123 said:

Ditto!

I will be the dissenter for the nachos at the Cantina in Mexico. When I got them about 5 years ago, there were a few chips with cheese sauce, not real melted cheese. :crazy2: I was very disappointed. they were like what you get at a sports stadium, with a side of beans (Yuk!). Obviously, since that was 5 years ago, I haven't been back for them since, so I dont know if that has changed.

The nachos at the Pepper Market at CSR were pretty good and HUGE.:earsboy:

Poohbear123 said:

I agree with Poohbear! ESPN Club's nachos are excellent. In fact, I ordered them as my entree once, and they were so huge that after my family picked at them we STILL had leftovers. Definitely worth the stop. Mmmm... Can't wait to go back! :hourglass

eeyoregirl said:
I agree with Poohbear! ESPN Club's nachos are excellent. In fact, I ordered them as my entree once, and they were so huge that after my family picked at them we STILL had leftovers. Definitely worth the stop. Mmmm... Can't wait to go back! :hourglass
Thats exactly what I did, with a few beers, it was heaven..... :cloud9:

Our favorite nachos are at Siesta's Pool Bar at Coronado Springs. It's a large order with cheese sauce, ground beef, tomatoes & lettuce (plus sour cream & salsa if you want it) for around $6.50. Goes great with a Fiesta Margarita from the pool bar.

We just had the nachos at WCC on Thursday. Very yummy. Melted cheese, not sauce, chili, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream and chives on top. They were excellent. I ate so much of the nachos, I couldn't eat much of my meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter