• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are there any changes coming that you're in favor of?

jimmymc

Professional Adventurer!
I personally am happy that they are starting extra hours for only Deluxe guests. The EMH before Covid shutdowns seemed to be almost always in the morning, and when they were late it was only 1 hour. EMH hasn't been that epic, staying in MK until 1 am experience since around 2012. This also raises the value of spending $100s extra a night on a deluxe.

The other point that I think a lot of people are missing is that Disneyland Paris always had paid Fastpasses. Pre-Covid, you could buy 3, 7 or unlimited Fastpasses for a set price and use them on anything, in addition to the free paper passes the park still used. So I really don't think that adding paid Fastpasses is going to ruin anyone's experience, but it gives the opportunity to upgrade a vacation.

I’m excited for Ratatouille and other new attractions. Rise gave me a sense of excitement and kid like giddiness I hadn’t felt in quite a while. When you go frequently even slight changes can help keep things fresh- even the coco addition to Philharmagic. That movie is so good, and the music fantastic!

I was happy with the announcement of EMH for Deluxe guests (I know Im in the minority on that). It feels like Disney is finally getting the message you have to offer exclusive perks for top tier hotels, kind of like universals express pass. The last few trips where everyone and their mother could do EMH meant the parks were so crowded it wasn’t enjoyable for anyone in our party. We started doing DAH parties and loved it, to the point my husband vowed to only do those from now on. By making EMH evening deluxe only you cut down on crowds, and we can upgrade from a moderate to a deluxe while still saving money vs buying after hours. Im curious how the morning 30 minutes will work, seeing as in my experience they usually open 30 minutes before posted time anyway. Anyone have insight?

I was happy with the announcement of EMH for Deluxe guests (I know Im in the minority on that). It feels like Disney is finally getting the message you have to offer exclusive perks for top tier hotels, kind of like universals express pass. The last few trips where everyone and their mother could do EMH meant the parks were so crowded it wasn’t enjoyable for anyone in our party. We started doing DAH parties and loved it, to the point my husband vowed to only do those from now on. By making EMH evening deluxe only you cut down on crowds, and we can upgrade from a moderate to a deluxe while still saving money vs buying after hours. Im curious how the morning 30 minutes will work, seeing as in my experience they usually open 30 minutes before posted time anyway. Anyone have insight?

I'm very happy with this addition as well. Especially when compared to what Universal does, the Disney deluxe resorts really don't justify the price.

My guess is there will be a spot in rope drop where you can go and get through by scanning your hotel key or magic band.

I am excited about the half-hour in the mornings. Since it is at all, it won't cause the crowds at the early park. That is really the only thing.

While this is heavily debated by some, I love the IP being added to the resorts. My kids LOVED the Cars suite at AOA and thought the pirate room at CBR was great- I’m excited to take them to the new Moana and Incredible themed rooms!

wishing they would add a few “non” princess character Meals (hello toy story, incredibles, Zootopia, Peter Pan, jack sparrow or whatever else!) but happy with the current improvements on theming!

While this is heavily debated by some, I love the IP being added to the resorts. My kids LOVED the Cars suite at AOA and thought the pirate room at CBR was great- I’m excited to take them to the new Moana and Incredible themed rooms!

wishing they would add a few “non” princess character Meals (hello toy story, incredibles, Zootopia, Peter Pan, jack sparrow or whatever else!) but happy with the current improvements on theming!

great point about the character dining, I would love any of those!

We got moved from pop to AoA, the CM was so excited to give it to us, untill my son started crying and they found away to keep us at pop.
I think not only non princess but newer movie themes are wonderful. My boys are clueless on some of the really old movies.

I really like the staggering opening / closing hours.
It was great to sleep in... I really hated going on vacation and setting alarms earlier than they go off at home.

I don’t think you’re in the minority and if you pay more you should be able to enjoy the perks that are associated with a higher tier level. However I just don’t understand if I’m paying over the price for a luxurious accommodations I would rather enjoy the accommodations then stay in the park longer.

I don’t think you’re in the minority and if you pay more you should be able to enjoy the perks that are associated with a higher tier level. However I just don’t understand if I’m paying over the price for a luxurious accommodations I would rather enjoy the accommodations then stay in the park longer.

It’s not necessarily about staying in the park longer, but later. It offers more flexibility. I know because of this benefit we will be sleeping in more and maybe enjoying a leisurely breakfast at the resort vs. rushing to rope drop every park day.

I like the new family style menu at Sebastians and hope that increases foot traffic to what is a real hidden dining gem.

I hope WDW keeps the hand sanitizer stations. Like many guests, I always picked up a heavy cold during my vacation ie touching stairway railings, etc. Those stations may do a lot of good helping to keep guests healthier and happier during their trip.

It’s not necessarily about staying in the park longer, but later. It offers more flexibility. I know because of this benefit we will be sleeping in more and maybe enjoying a leisurely breakfast at the resort vs. rushing to rope drop every park day.
This is a great perk for Deluxe visitors esp for night owls. Most guests understand that if you pay more, you should get more. That's baked into our social fabric. The unhappiness of veteran guests like me, is not that Deluxe is getting more perks in the parks than Value or Mod resort guests, its that the baseline of basic perks for all resort guests was gutted before plussing Deluxe. If WDW management had announced that the basic perk of extra magic hours was coming back for all onsite guests in recognition of their support and loyalty during the pandemic, but that Deluxe guests would get an extra late night hour over and above everyone else, then we wouldn't see the outcry.

However, I do understand this would be problematic at least in the next few months as WDW struggles with a staffing shortage to operate extra park hours for guests. The Oprah "you get a prize and you get a prize . . ." extra magic hours plus plus might be a logistical nightmare. But this argument may only stretch so far as we hope the college program will help fill the labour shortage gap. Like always, WDW guests talk with their credit card. If noodles of all things were a flashpoint, paying less for more in Value and Mod resorts should raise a red flag. Off site hotels and Universal should do very well capturing the $ of unhappy guests who either can't or simply won't pay Deluxe prices. Time will tell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter