2009 DDP, DxDP and QS plans - Everything you always wanted to know

Thanks you're right. I hadn't seen it originally as the print is small on my computer and my eyes are tired.:sad1: 3 sick kids and I'm starting to feel awful. :sick: Thanks for clearing that up for me.:thumbsup2

I hope it's not that nasty flu that's going around - most everyone in our house has had it and it's miserable! Feel better soon!!

I'm trying to figure this dining thing all out. Last time we went the credits were still all pooled, now I have to think :laughing:

It's me, dh and ds7 on deluxe dining for 8 nights. There's going to be at least once, maybe twice that dh and I will be dining alone (ds will be at a kids club and/or on the pirate cruise). That leaves us with more kid credits than adult credits, I'm trying to find a way to balance it out a bit.

Will I be allowed to order a kids meal (for myself) at a counter service and use a child's credit? Would we have to do two separate orders? Or will they allow us to have 1 adult meal and 2 kids meals (using 1A, 2C credits) even though we only have one kid? Or is it wrong any way you look at it? How can I get these darn things balanced out?

No you can't order 2 child's meals when you only have one. They can only give you how many are listed on your KTTW card for meals, snacks you can use as many as you wish.

If you have extra you could maybe use them on your last day and get snacks for the trip home. Fruit, muffins, drinks, etc.

But doesn't disney say that you can use your credits in any order, as many times a day as you like until the total is depleted?

Maybe there is a problem with doing more meals in the same transaction per age group than are on the card. If so, couldn't DW order an adult meal and a childs meal and DH could stand in line behind her and order the second childs meal in a different transaction?

I have opted to buy the QSDP but I find it frustrating that I must buy a dining plan for my DD9 in order for the rest of my family to use the plan. Then the majority of places have the same three offerings; chicken nuggets, PB&J, and mac'n'cheese. My daughter can't stand cheese, will eat PB&J about once a week and likes chicken nuggets. But come on, chicken nuggets twice a day everyday. How many children would enjoy this?

I would love to have the option to upgrade her to the adult plan even though she eats like a toddler just so that she could have whatever she wanted from the menu, but as I understand it Disney won't allow it. If I am mistaken on this point pls let me know.

So this leaves us to try and use the plan as creatively as possible. I have a light appetite so "sharing the child credits" between myself and my daughter so that she can then "share my adult credits" is high on my list.

Dont't get me wrong, if I have to pay OOP to get some better meals for her I am perfectly willing to do so, but I already paid for those child meals so I intend to use them up in the best way possible.

you will be able to purchase two kids meals with your dining plan... we have done it without a problem

You can 'age' your DD to be an adult on the plan. You will however have to age her ticket to the parks also, that's the catch

Maybe I am a bit slow them morning. Can I do this on the up and up with Disney directly, or does it involve some "magic".

If magic is involved it probably isn't even an option for me. I am in Canada and booked everything as a package. Since I have to go through customs I have to have all of my documents in order and would think a passport for a 9yo and tickets for a 10yo would raise eyebrows at best, at worst, I'd be delayed and have a whole lot of 'splaining to do, or possibly even denied entry.

The guidelines supplied by Disney are very clear and not up for debate or discussion.

We have never done the plan before. Where do we find these guidelines? All I know is what I have learned on these boards. We're DVC members so we don't have to book a package. Do they send a flyer or something when we add the plan? :confused3

We have never done the plan before. Where do we find these guidelines? All I know is what I have learned on these boards. We're DVC members so we don't have to book a package. Do they send a flyer or something when we add the plan? :confused3

The guidelines of the program are in the DDP brochures. You can find links to Disney's brochure for any of the specific plans in the post about the plan. Pumbaa_ set up hyperlinks to the specific plan information in the first post.

Hope this helps! :goodvibes

The guidelines of the program are in the DDP brochures. You can find links to Disney's brochure for any of the specific plans in the post about the plan. Pumbaa_ set up hyperlinks to the specific plan information in the first post.

Thanks Tricia. For some reason the links won't work for me. I went to the Disney.go site and I can't get anything to show up there either. Not my lucky day I guess. Thank you anyway. I'll keep trying.

We are doing the QS plan. Are the CS restaurants the same on both plans, or are the CS restaurants limited on the QS only plan?

I am trying to decide if the plan is right for us and I want to run a few things by the group. I definitely want to be on the up and up with Disney, but I am also looking for the most economical way to get the most out of our trip. Make sense?

There are 7 of us travelling, 5 adults (0one is a teen) and 2 kids. We have two seperate room reservations. One room right now is booked with 3 adults, the other has 2 adults and 2 kids.

My inlaws are not big eaters. My teen kind of is, my two little kids don't eat a whole lot. If I get a plan, I think the QS plan would be the best choice for us. However, I'm definitely planning at least one character meal for at least some of us (clear as mud?).

Should I move our room ressies so that one room has 2 adults and one child, and the other has three adults and 1 child, and then get the dining plan for just the room that has 4 people? So if we go to a CS place, we could order 3 adult meals and one child's meal and (theoretically) share the plates among the 7 of us? I'm just thinking that getting the plan for us all will be way too much food. Particularly since you get credits for each night and we won't even be arriving until dinner time the first night.

I am trying to decide if the plan is right for us and I want to run a few things by the group. I definitely want to be on the up and up with Disney, but I am also looking for the most economical way to get the most out of our trip. Make sense?

There are 7 of us travelling, 5 adults (0one is a teen) and 2 kids. We have two seperate room reservations. One room right now is booked with 3 adults, the other has 2 adults and 2 kids.

My inlaws are not big eaters. My teen kind of is, my two little kids don't eat a whole lot. If I get a plan, I think the QS plan would be the best choice for us. However, I'm definitely planning at least one character meal for at least some of us (clear as mud?).

Should I move our room ressies so that one room has 2 adults and one child, and the other has three adults and 1 child, and then get the dining plan for just the room that has 4 people? So if we go to a CS place, we could order 3 adult meals and one child's meal and (theoretically) share the plates among the 7 of us? I'm just thinking that getting the plan for us all will be way too much food. Particularly since you get credits for each night and we won't even be arriving until dinner time the first night.

Unfortunately, what you are suggesting is expressly prohibited according to Disney's written policy. Their policy regarding sharing meal entitlements is very clear and it says that you can't. :sad1:

Last time when we went, our CS receipts didn't differentiate between adult CS credits and child CS credits, so it was a little confusing to figure out how many of each we had left... TS receipts were specific about kids and adults... I was wondering if they've changed the CS receipts to be specific, yet?

I am trying to decide if I should do the QS plan or not? Do you think this plan is worth it we are a family of 5 and will be going for 10 days I usually do the regular DDP and I no longer like this plan, since we are geared more toward counter service restaurants I was wondering if I should give this plan try or wing it, we are also DVC, and I do not cook on vacation only bring breakfast items waffles etc.
Do you think this plan will save me money? Also my little guy is only 2 so he is not on the plan.

Jeanine

Unfortunately, what you are suggesting is expressly prohibited according to Disney's written policy. Their policy regarding sharing meal entitlements is very clear and it says that you can't. :sad1:

I was afraid of that :( Looks like a dining plan is no a good choice for us. I can't see us sitting down to a table meal every day (or even several days if we do a meal that takes two TS. I guess we just don't consume enough food to all get the QS plan either, lol. It would add $1174 for us to all have the QS plan and I can't imagine us eating that $$ of food with the way we eat.

Thanks for your input!

We just got back, and found that Cinderella's Royal Table Breakfast only cost 1 credit on the deluxe plan, while the Brown Derby cost 2. Not sure why. It didn't matter since we still ended up with 5 meals we didn't use up before we left.

Cinderella's Royal Table costs 2 credits per person for all meals. You were most likely charged one credit in error.

I know the Disney stated policy. I get that. Not trying to do anything bad. I want to understand if they have adjusted their print outs to represent if you are eating off an adult menu or off a kids menu. And if they have then how is it handled at restaurants that do not have a kids menu? It is impossible to keep track of when you are there for a long time and have a number of kids. Sometimes they eat something, sometimes not. We even got double charged one place last time and didn't notice. I spent over a half hour on the phone in Peco's Bills trying to figure out what happened (they were very nice and had me use a house phone) finally they figured out one of our bills had used double credits, 7 days before. I did not notice they had removed 8 credits instead of 4 credits at the particular meal. Is it still just one general total?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter