Are the MCO duty free shops accessible for flights to Canada?

GrtWtNorth

DIS Veteran
In some US airports, the duty free shops are in an "international" section of the airport, but most flights to Canada leave from the "domestic" parts of the airport. I can't remember what gates flights to Canada typically used at MCO.

I'm flying MCO to YYZ on Delta Airlines, if it makes any difference.

Yes there are duty-free shops and yes they are accessible to Canadian flights. We don't use them often, so things might have changed but the last time we did it after we bought it we weren't allowed to keep it and they send it to our plane. I think we picked it up when we boarded (but it may have been when we got off the plane in Canada).

Flights to Canada (Air Canada/Rouge) used to leave from the A side (gate 29 or so) and yes, there was a Duty Free shop there. Now flights leave from the B side, gates 70-99 (Delta included) and I don't recall seeing a Duty Free shop there.

According to the MCO website there is a Nuance Duty Free on the A side at gates 1-29 and on the B side at gates 70-99.

Just be careful if you are connecting once in Canada. Any liquids purchased will not be allowed back through security once you clear Canada Customs. If you reclaim your bags, you can transfer it to your checked bag before rechecking them, but if you are carry-on or checked through (Montreal and Toronto T-1) you may be out of luck. I've heard that some DF locations have a secure sealed bag that is security acceptable, but haven't seen them yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter