Are overlapping reservations a problem

icc2515

DIS Veteran
We have a split stay reservation in July 4 nites at VGF and 4 nites at BWV. I have some points that are going to expire at the end of July. If I add a day to either the end of my VGF or the beginning of my BWV so that we would have a room for the full day of "move day" would that cause and issue with Disney's system. I know that I have been told before that I had to check out of a DVC room before the system would notify me of my room being available at my next resort.

I think if you have different names as the lead guest, that might work but others may know more than me.

Just make sure lead guest is different. I do this all the time. Just know that when you move to the next resort, stop down at the front desk and ask them to officially check you out as you are checking in to another room.

Or, do it at the 2nd resort,...your MB will not work at resort 2 until they do something to make sure you are checked in to only one.

We have a split stay reservation in July 4 nites at VGF and 4 nites at BWV. I have some points that are going to expire at the end of July. If I add a day to either the end of my VGF or the beginning of my BWV so that we would have a room for the full day of "move day" would that cause and issue with Disney's system. I know that I have been told before that I had to check out of a DVC room before the system would notify me of my room being available at my next resort.

Yes no problem i do this all the time

Yes no problem i do this all the time
Lets say at resort 1 you have a stay from Mon-Thurs and resort 2 your stay is Wed-Mon. Do you usually stay Wed nite at resort 1 and then go to resort 2 on Thurs or just go to resort 2 after 4pm on Wednesday?

Lets say at resort 1 you have a stay from Mon-Thurs and resort 2 your stay is Wed-Mon. Do you usually stay Wed nite at resort 1 and then go to resort 2 on Thurs or just go to resort 2 after 4pm on Wednesday?

I am always at resort 2 because if you don’t get there before it rolls to the next day, you’d be considered a no show.

So, we leave resort one a little later...usually around 6...and then by time we get to the next place, room is ready to go!

I have a different question...we are in an OKW GV over Christmas. As a treat I booked a BLT TPV GV for one night during our OKW stay. I have no intention of cancelling the OKW for that one night. What kinds of issues do you think I’ll have. I did book the BLT with my daughter’s name, OKW is in my name.

A guest can not be checked in to two rooms at once, so if it is just one night, your DD would have to be checked out of OKW for thst night and check in to BLT so her Magic BaNd works,

I would not worry about yours as you can use her phone to access Then, when you get back to OKW, have her rechecked back In to OKW

I have a different question...we are in an OKW GV over Christmas. As a treat I booked a BLT TPV GV for one night during our OKW stay. I have no intention of cancelling the OKW for that one night. What kinds of issues do you think I’ll have. I did book the BLT with my daughter’s name, OKW is in my name
I did this one time when we were staying at the BWV. I booked 1 nite at the beach club so the kids could use the pool. I just used middle or shortened names for the kids and my wife and I. ex Kristopher became Kris.

I am always at resort 2 because if you don’t get there before it rolls to the next day, you’d be considered a no show.

So, we leave resort one a little later...usually around 6...and then by time we get to the next place, room is ready to go!
Thanks that makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter