Are many of you hoping to switch resorts for NYE??

amystevekai&bump

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I am ringing on sunday to see what is available to book for 12/30 and New Years Eve, and I was wondering how many of you have something booked and are hoping to switch at 7mths out?

I was going to try and ring at opening, but now wonder whether it is wise to try later in the day when some people may have cancelled some reservations because of switching resorts themselves.:confused3

Can anyone tell me what is the best strategy to employ for trying to get 7mth reservations as it is my first time!:thumbsup2

Hi,

I am ringing on sunday to see what is available to book for 12/30 and New Years Eve, and I was wondering how many of you have something booked and are hoping to switch at 7mths out?

I was going to try and ring at opening, but now wonder whether it is wise to try later in the day when some people may have cancelled some reservations because of switching resorts themselves.:confused3

Can anyone tell me what is the best strategy to employ for trying to get 7mth reservations as it is my first time!:thumbsup2

I will tell you we have tried the last 3 years to change from our home resort OKW for xmas week(which has included NYE) and was not sucessful. Didn't matter for us because we love OKW, but it is VERY unlikely for you to get BCV, VWL,BLT just for the convenience of location, but we were trying for AKL and that also was not possible. Last year, we checked into Dolphin (on starwood points) just for NYE after 4 nights at OKW abd it was perfect! We checked in at 8:30am(room not ready, but left car) went to DHS and they called at 11:30am saying room was ready, we left DHS around 2:30 headed to relax and play a bit at resort. Then hung around BW area, dinner at Kouzzina and watched both fireworks from Epcot and DHS from Dolphin area and wer back in our room after midnite before most folks hit the trams..it was a great solution! We are leaving before NYE this year and heading to HHI for NYE.

Connears

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter