Are magic bands available to customize for DVC rentals?

rpb718

DIS Veteran
The last few times we've rented points for stays at BC and purchased tickets from UT I was able to log into the MDE website and would see the 'customize magic bands' option to select our colors, etc. once I had everything all entered correctly in MDE.

This time we just happen to be staying at Boardwalk, but after I have everything all set I still don't see the 'customize magic bands' option. I'm wondering if I missed some change in procedure or could it be because of the new 'puck' versions of the magic bands?

We rented this past summer and got the puck versions. I want to see the customization was available starting somewhere between 12 and 8 weeks out from our trip.

The last few times we've rented points for stays at BC and purchased tickets from UT I was able to log into the MDE website and would see the 'customize magic bands' option to select our colors, etc. once I had everything all entered correctly in MDE.

This time we just happen to be staying at Boardwalk, but after I have everything all set I still don't see the 'customize magic bands' option. I'm wondering if I missed some change in procedure or could it be because of the new 'puck' versions of the magic bands?
Call Disney at 407-939-5277. When the system asks what you need help with, say 'My Disney Experience'. The CM should be able to fix whatever issue is preventing the MagicBand customize option from showing.

We rented this past summer and got the puck versions. I want to see the customization was available starting somewhere between 12 and 8 weeks out from our trip.

I was able to customize at 8 months out when I booked my trip last month.

When logged in to MDE, there are pull downs at the top. Under My Disney Experience there is one labeled MagicBands. When you get to the next page it will show MagicBand and Reservation. Just click on the arrow and customize your bands. They ship out about 5-6 weeks before your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter