Are Disney resorts currently worth the large price tag?

Disney will always be over priced, since my boys were small they always were the high priced place to stay, we love
being on WDW resort property but do have to admit after 25yrs its bothersome that they are taking away a lot of the perks

Disney will always be over priced, since my boys were small they always were the high priced place to stay, we love
being on WDW resort property but do have to admit after 25yrs its bothersome that they are taking away a lot of the perks
I agree and disagree. I don't think Disney will always be overpriced, but I do think they will always be expensive. Currently they are overpriced since there are little to no onsite perks still available. Hopefully soon they will bring those back and just go back to being expensive.

Looking for honest, recently been there opinions:
We have a long 10-12 day trip booked for over Thanksgiving. This trip is to serve as a celebration for our 10 year wedding anniversary that we couldn’t celebrate last year due to covid and my husband being laid off. We will have our 6yo (who has been often) and our 1yo who obviously has never been. When I initially started planning this trip last year during covid, it provided a much needed bright spot in an otherwise stressful, uncertain time.

Now that the trip is inching closer, I an starting to doubt whether the large cost of the trip is worth it. We are booked in a split stay between Poly and Wilderness Lodge, initially hoping for club level, and realizing that’s not going to happen. I fear no/minimal discounts will be available. And with the still reduced housekeeping, lack of park entertainment, closed restaurants and reduced menus, I struggle to feel like the magic will even be there! And this is a lot of money to drop for a partial disney experience.

if you have been there recently, how did the overall feel of the resorts/parks compare to previous visits?
Cut the trip down to 6 or 7 nights and the price tag won't be so exorbitant. The parks are massively crowded now, so they probably aren't going to be that much of a joy to be in anyway, especially with a toddler. Disney is still not providing daily housekeeping at any resort or room service at your resorts, and Artist's Point remains closed, so no, I don't think those prices are worth it right now. You can still have an enjoyable trip, but I would trim the length.

Last edited:
Cut the trip down to 6 or 7 nights and the price tag won't be so exorbitant. The parks are massively crowded now, so they probably aren't going to be that much of a joy to be in anyway, especially with a toddler. Disney is still not providing daily housekeeping at any resort or room service at your resorts, and Ohana & Artist's Point remain closed, so no, I don't think those prices are worth it right now. You can still have an enjoyable trip, but I would trim the length.

Ohana is open. Albeit not so much like it was in many ways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter