Are connecting rooms guaranteed or not?

This will be my fifth visit to POP.I usually take my parents and request connecting room,even though it was not guaranteed 3 out of the 4 times I got them.This visit will just be us and the kids,I was told that I would get connecting rooms,guaranteed. I know things can happen, but I would not stress about it.

Thanks. Have torn up my license to stress:).

We are staying in POFQ in June w/ our 3 kids and have requested a connecting room. I've asked 3x, just to make sure that our request was in the system. :) I've been told the same thing - B/c we have 3 kids we will have connecting rooms.
I figure if it doesn't work out then hubby can sleep with the kids and I'll take the other room. :cool1:

Only guarantee is a room on Disney property. I have found if you explain the reason why you need connecting rooms, they will do their best to oblige. Especially if children are the reason.

Don't let the fact that things can go wrong stress you out. If you keep your cool, you're 100% guaranteed to have a great time. :thumbsup2
Will it help to assure connecting rooms if we use advance online check in? We will not be arriving until evening on our check in day.

Thanks. Have torn up my license to stress:).

1) Great news.
2) Hey,
. . . it is a vacation
. . . it is WDW
. . . there is no need for stress
. . . things always seem to work out for a good time
3) If something goes slightly wrong, roll with it.
4) Consider it a speed bump on the road of life.
5) No license necessary.

Will it help to assure connecting rooms if we use advance online check in? We will not be arriving until evening on our check in day.

You can't assure connecting rooms at all, no matter how you check in. They will do their best to get them for you, but if they can't, they can't.

Is this really true??? :eek::eek::eek::sad2::sad2::sad2:

This reminded me of several threads a year or so ago about many with rooms booked at Pop Century who were notified about a week or two before their arrival that they were being moved to the All-Stars. Most were not happy at all about the move and demanded to be upgraded as they didn't consider the two resorts to be equal.

So yes, it can happen, but that was during prime Spring Break season. I think it's very rare when you get moved or don't get connecting rooms, but it does happen as many have said. I think it's better to be prepared for an extremely remote possibility and be glad when you're part of the vast overwhelming majority of guests that have no hiccup at registration.

Online check in does not effect anything about your room. It basically just speeds up the check in process ... most of the time.

For late arrivals the pickings can be slim if you want to change rooms. Generally when you check in, the CM will see your request and attempt to find you connecting rooms if need be.

But it won't hurt to mention you would like connecting rooms when checking in.

Great advice. We booked this back in August 2010. At the time I had budgeted for the Villas. After the CM told me we could do guaranteed connecting rooms, I switched to a moderate hotel and extended the trip a little. I'm just learning now that "guaranteed" connecting does not always guarantee connecting rooms. Villas are no longer in our budget. I'm okay with it now. Just thankful for the trip! I'll hope for the best and if we end up seperate, it will at least encourage us to spend less time in the rooms and more time exploring WDW. Next time I can afford Villas, I'll move forward with it, though. :)

I've shared my story here before of not receiving my "guaranteed connecting" rooms & it was terrible for us. I really do hope you & your family are kept togetherpixiedust:

I've shared my story here before of not receiving my "guaranteed connecting" rooms & it was terrible for us. I really do hope you & your family are kept togetherpixiedust:

I am trying not to be stressed about this. If we are not given connecting rooms at check in, I will try to have us moved as soon as connecting rooms are available. deep breaths. :headache:

I have told this before and feel that maybe it's worth repeating. Don't mean to be harsh, but as others have said it's good to be prepared. I have had a very long talk with a manager at the All Stars about this issue. My husband has had cancer along with some other health issues. Long story short we requested connecting rooms twice and got them once. The manager told us that connecting rooms are NOT guaranteed unless you book through the special needs department of WDW. We thought that by just requesting "for medical reasons" was enough, but it's not the case. He even pulled out a map and showed us how few connecting rooms there really were. He also said that the only time that connecting rooms would be guaranteed for young children was when there weren't enough adults. In other words if there was only one adult and five or six kids then you would be guaranteed connecting rooms. As another poster has said, the family suites kind of put a monkey's wrench in the whole connecting room issue also. Disney would prefer you to book a family suite. Again I don't mean to sound negative, but the Dis has always been a wonderful forum for information and this is just my personal experience. The odds are that you will get connecting rooms, but I would be prepared and not be too upset if you don't.

Enjoy The Magic!!

I have to say, I am glad this thread has remained civil. I about got beat up over on the Family Board for saying that there was even a small chance you may not receive connecting rooms.

I agree, there is no need to stress about it. Even though being in 2 seperate rooms without the connecting door is not ideal, it is workable. It shouldn't ruin your vacation. And the chances of it happening to you are really small.

I figure if it doesn't work out then hubby can sleep with the kids and I'll take the other room. :cool1:

Too funny!! :rotfl2::rotfl::laughing:

We are still trying to decide between 2 rooms at Pop and a family suite at AoA. I am leaning more toward the family suite at AoA (my kids would LOVE the Nemo suite), but cannot deny the fact that if free dining is offered at Pop and not AoA (as I have heard is a distinct possibility), it just wouldn't make sense to throw away those savings. I would be pretty disappointed if we didn't get connecting rooms, and would probably throw a fit in the lobby (yes, sometimes, I am THAT person), but in the end, we would deal with it and move on. Still, I love LovingDisney11's idea for handling the situation! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter