Are Christmas Decorations Still Up After Christmas?

Alice-in-wonder

DIS Veteran
We plan on going Dec 26- Jan 2. Will the Christmas decorations still be up around the resorts and parks? I am really looking forward to seeing the gingerbread house at the GF! Will it still be up? We are staying at SSR and BLT. Will those be decorated as well? TIA!!

Christmas decorations will be in place until after the New Year begins. It's very possible that they will be up until 1/6/2013.

Everything will still be up through Jan 2. Usual is that hotels will take things down about Jan 4 or 5 (it happens quickly, you go to bed at night with all decorations at the hotel still in place and wake up in the morning and everything is gone) and parks begin to take down about Jan 5 or 6 (that takes a few days). It sometimes varies. For example, in Jan 2010, when the daily highs were 40s to low 50s at most and nights were in the mid-20s for about 15 straight days, everything stayed up until after mid-Jan becausae they considered it too cold for workers to take everything outside down during the night.

I was there 1/8-1/14. I was prepared not to see any decorations. The hotel was not decorated but when we arrived at MK on our first day they still had decorations up including the tree. I was so happy. All the trees were up through Wednesday the 11th. So I would bet you will see some decorations. Have a great trip!

We were there this year 2nd Jan to the 7th. The resorts and the parks were still decorated. On the 2nd we hit AK and Goofy and Pluto were dressed in Santa suits and it was a great photo opp. Like PP said, we left way early on the 7th and the tree at Kidani Village was up on the 6th night but gone 7th at around 5:00 a.m.

The Osbourne Lights was a great experience as well. So Glad we went at this time.

I was actually surprised at how many decorations were removed from EPCOT over night between NYE and NYD. All the CP and Holidays Around the World stuff was gone.

I was there for Marathon weekend and they were essentially breaking everything down that weekend. They kept the main decorations in the parks up for the races, but trees, etc in the resorts came down that weekend (1/7-8).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter