• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AquaDuck

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
I have a question about the AquaDuck. I'll be going on the Dream for the first time and I've heard this is a lot of fun, just a few concerns. I can sometimes be a little claustrophobic, will I be okay on this? Also is it possible to fall off the float and become trapped inside the tube thing? I'm sure my fears are a little irrational, but I'm trying to avoid a panic attack. I know lots of kids ride it so is it a pretty calm ride?

I dont think its claustrophobic the tubes are mostly see through. I guess its possible to fall off the tube Ive never seen it happen. What I have seen happen are people stop because they lose momentum like this, but its not a huge deal

I have a question about the AquaDuck. I'll be going on the Dream for the first time and I've heard this is a lot of fun, just a few concerns. I can sometimes be a little claustrophobic, will I be okay on this? Also is it possible to fall off the float and become trapped inside the tube thing? I'm sure my fears are a little irrational, but I'm trying to avoid a panic attack. I know lots of kids ride it so is it a pretty calm ride?

I think you will have to try pretty hard to fell out of the float. Couldn't tell you. About the claustrophobic bit because Im not claustrophobic.

There are hand holds. You'd be really hard pressed to fall off the tube unless you wanted to. As for the claustrophobia, most of it is in the open, or see through, there is an enclosed portion towards the end, but it is over before you know it. That is where they take the picture, assuming it is working. It wasn't working last summer on the Fantasy, but I think it is working on the Dream.

I'd say go for it, and then decide for yourself if you like it. I have a niece who is 13 and dislikes most rides as too 'scary'. She liked this one.

As for that video, that must be pretty darn rare. That part of the ride is right after the start, you would think the momentum would be high at that point. The first time we rode it, we didn't realize we had gone over that part (that hangs over the ship) because it happened right at the beginning and was over in an instant.

Ok I feel a little better about this, although that video freaks me out just a bit lol

I dont think its claustrophobic the tubes are mostly see through. I guess its possible to fall off the tube Ive never seen it happen. What I have seen happen are people stop because they lose momentum like this, but its not a huge deal

The dude filming that video is like nails on a chalkboard...

Kids were constantly getting stuck on our last cruise (end of August on the Fantasy). There should be a minimum weight requirement for single riders.

I am claustrophobic had a panic attack in an MRI, I can not go in dark water slides, never even had a thought inside the aquaduck. It goes by so fast and you're mostly focused on how cool it is and trying to see everything you can around you to even notice.

Yeah, I'm claustrophobic too (I'm a hospital nurse and I can't stand pulling a curtain around a patient's bed) and I love the 'duck!

Kids were constantly getting stuck on our last cruise (end of August on the Fantasy). There should be a minimum weight requirement for single riders.
I'm pretty sure there is supposed to be a weight requirement for single riders. My oldest was tall enough last cruise, but she couldn't ride alone because of her weight. Either someone was slacking, someone was lying, or they were the bare minimum weight and it wasn't enough.

It's a calm ride. Only single-rider kids occasionally get stuck due to lack of momentum (if they're very light). I'm a little claustrophobic & had no problem with it. If you did somehow get stuck, they'd want you to wait for help, but it is possible to crawl to the end of the ride. So there is no chance of being completely trapped in there. And yes, it's clear, so you can see out, and it's big enough for you to sit up inside. It's not a narrow lay-flat tube.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure there is supposed to be a weight requirement for single riders. My oldest was tall enough last cruise, but she couldn't ride alone because of her weight. Either someone was slacking, someone was lying, or they were the bare minimum weight and it wasn't enough.
I asked a few different life guards (it seriously happened non-stop) and they said there wasn't any??? We've been on the Dream and the Fantasy before and never had a problem.

I asked a few different life guards (it seriously happened non-stop) and they said there wasn't any??? We've been on the Dream and the Fantasy before and never had a problem.
I knew there were additional requirements for single riders. I thought I remembered something about weight, but the only thing I could find was single riders have to be 54" tall. I guess they figured anyone that tall would weigh enough, but not on your cruise!

There are hand holds. You'd be really hard pressed to fall off the tube unless you wanted to. As for the claustrophobia, most of it is in the open, or see through, there is an enclosed portion towards the end, but it is over before you know it. That is where they take the picture, assuming it is working. It wasn't working last summer on the Fantasy, but I think it is working on the Dream.

I'd say go for it, and then decide for yourself if you like it. I have a niece who is 13 and dislikes most rides as too 'scary'. She liked this one.

As for that video, that must be pretty darn rare. That part of the ride is right after the start, you would think the momentum would be high at that point. The first time we rode it, we didn't realize we had gone over that part (that hangs over the ship) because it happened right at the beginning and was over in an instant.

Only single-rider kids occasionally get stuck due to lack of momentum (if they're very light).

Curious about the photos, don't think it was working last month on the Dream (or are you talking about the part with flashing lights? That's edge not a photo). I rode 5 times in a row and 7 total last month, and I'm reasonably light. I got stuck slightly at the beginning once, but was able to rock side-to-side to move my raft back into the flow of water. If you tilt to the left, your odds of getting stuck are reasonable since the water stream tilts to the right.

I don't feel it's too enclosed however I don't usually have an issue with that so my judgement may not be helpful.
While videotaping on deck, my DS accidentally caught footage of a kid off a float in the AD, then the float came along. So, it can happen but I am sure that is rare.

Can two adults ride together on the ride? Or will I have to go alone?

2 adults can ride. I have ridden with DH.

Before I did it I had the same thoughts as you because I'm not a big fan of enclosed spaces as I've gotten older, but never had any feeling of the sort on it. You don't get a tight enclosed feeling on the ride, quite the opposite really. When you're in it it's bigger inside there than what it looks like in the videos. Two adults ride it together all the time. We even had a couple double rider only days while at sea because of the winds.

I have major problem with mission space if they don't start immediately or get me out quickly at the end but I have no problem with Aquaduck.

Can two adults ride together on the ride? Or will I have to go alone?

Yes as mentioned above 2 adults can ride together, but for me I prefer to go with my kid because with my DH the raft goes like a torpedo....:crazy2:
That may be fun for you though ;)
As far as the claustrophobia, I don't like really small enclosed spaces and would never do an enclosed slide that isn't see-through. I had no problems on the aqua duck, there is a lot of clearance and it's mostly see through. It's very cool actually, but there are some parts that are not see-through. They don't last too long at all though.
I would definitely suggest riding during daylight first. The first time I went with DS was at like 9pm and it was dark. I was a little apprehensive (not my 5 YO) about the enclosed tube and then the attendant says as we sit down on the raft... "If the ride stops, stay on the raft and wait for help"... Whaaat? The raft can stop??? :scared1:
Anyway it didn't and hasn't once in the 30 times we rode it during our cruises, but it can happen. I was told mostly happens if there is a child riding by him/herself.
I would not care so much if it stops when it's light out, but if it stopped at night.. well I wouldn't be a happy camper.
All in all it's a tame ride and tons of fun. Enjoy!
Definitely watch the POV rides on youtube, it will give you an idea of what to expect.

Curious about the photos, don't think it was working last month on the Dream (or are you talking about the part with flashing lights? That's edge not a photo).

I was told that there is definitely an in-ride photo. I can't say for SURE where it is, since I was informed by Shutters that it was broken on the Fantasy when we were there. They made it seem like a temporary issue, but after I returned it seems like it has been broken for months. I have definitely read reports on these boards of people getting their Aquaduck photos. However, they almost never get into your account automatically (the facial recognition doesn't work well when you are soaking wet?) but people say that they have checked the AquaDuck photos at the time they rode and found their pictures. Maybe one of them will post more details here, as I can't speak to that aspect personally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter